Dlp tv popping sound when turned on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ozzy1028

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Ok, I bought a samsung dlp tv back in october. Model hlt4675s samsung. HAve not had any complaints out of this set whatsoever until recently. About 2 weeks ago until the present when the set is turned on i hear a loud "popping" sound. At first i thought oh no, the bulb is getting ready to fail, but the lamp light on the front of the tv is not lit up to let me know that the lamp is bad. I have had no degradation of picture brightness and the tv works normally. The "popping" sound is almost like a speaker but i have the speaker volume all the way down on the tv since i use my external sound system for everything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

If you're sure the noise is coming from the set give Samsung a call and have them send a tech out. The set should still be under warranty.

NightRyder

How did it go with the servicing?
Thats the only problem with the DLP's its a TV with internal moving parts.:rolleyes:

Well, the samsung guy came out yesterday and wouldnt you know it, the past 2 weeks i have not heard the popping sound. The tech said it sounded to him like it may be the satellite signal. But i doubt it since i turn the tv set on before the dish box. Oh well, hopefully it doesnt do it any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)