DMX241 C-Band LNBF Signal Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ResonantFrequency

Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Middle Tennessee
I've just received a DMX241 C-Band LNBF, and I'm concerned that it may have been damaged during shipping. The box experienced enough force for the hardware pouch to have split open and spill screws everywhere. Anyway, when I connect the LNBF to a Viewsat Ultra or a Sonicview 4000 receiver, I get a signal strength in the low to mid 70s even when the LNBF is pointed towards the ground. I know that every receiver has a different strength scale, but does this seem like normal behavior?

This is my first time tinkering with a mini-BUD and also my first post, so please forgive my ignorance. Thanks so much for all your help.

--James

The signal strength is a guage of how well the lnb is processing the power that the receiver sends. As long as the thing is working, the Signal strength will be up. The Quality is the guage of how good the reception is to actually lock on the signal and present a picture. You will not have Quality until a sat is located and a transponder is locked on to. So as a general rule, If the signal "level" is up, the lnb is passing power and is "communicating" with the receiver. If the level is low, then time to check connections or replace the lnb. I myself have never saw any hardware bag split open by force. I have however have seen hardware bags that were cut open and then returned for whatever reason only to be resold. Maybe that is the case with you. In my opinion, if there was enough force to pop open a hardware bag, there would not be much of a box left. Have a great day! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)