DN 2nd level tech say no prob w/811 program guide...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
I finally had enough of my 811 downloading the program guide 2 or 3 times everytime I powered it on and then only having 1 hour of program guide anyway so I called today.

The 2nd level tech searched the 'known issues' list and guess what? No mention of the 811's having any problem with the program guide. She went on to say that DN thinks the latest software for the 811 solved that problem.

She also said that, 'Nobody else is complaining about it anymore.'

Just wanted to post that info.

George -bub

bub said:
I finally had enough of my 811 downloading the program guide 2 or 3 times everytime I powered it on and then only having 1 hour of program guide anyway so I called today.

The 2nd level tech searched the 'known issues' list and guess what? No mention of the 811's having any problem with the program guide. She went on to say that DN thinks the latest software for the 811 solved that problem.

George -bub
I am not having the problem anymore since the latest software download. Have you checked to see what version you have?

I've got 265 and still have guide problems. Only had the 811 a couple of weeks, mostly happy w/it except for that. But still haven't hooked up an OTA antenna yet. Sure I'll have issues w/that, too.

My guide has been acting normal the last few days... Not sure why, but I'm not complaining...

When it downloads guide info 2 or 3 times and only displays an hour out you need to do a reboot (hold the power button down for 7 or 8 seconds). I have to do it every week or two and it takes care of the problem.

Tried a "soft" reset, no joy. When doing the "hard" reset (unplugging the unit, etc.), do you loose your favorites lists or other settings?

My guide downloads fine. It just displays the wrong info sometimes. It's hard to see what's on because guide can be way off the mark.
Bubba04

I've just given up on the 811 guide in favor of the on-line channel guide at dishnetwork.com. The guide is definitely broke in 265, and Themes -- don't even try! It throws the box into an endless loop of "Downloading Program Info" which only Cancel will end, and then every box in the guide says "info not avail." Not good.

Or just use the 'TV Guide' that comes in the weekend paper, that way you don't have to get into the net to see what's on TV.

It's starting to get real sad what folks are having to do to get around bugs in E* hardware/software.

I'm having the same problem with the guide on my 811. Only a hard reboot (unplugging it for a few minutes) will clear it up, but that only seems to last a day or two.

This is my second 811, btw, after the power failed on the first one.

I'm pretty thick skinned and as long as the thing produces a good DVI signal of sat and local digital channels (which it does) I can live with the other glitches, especially for the upgrade price. But it's pretty apparent this is always going to be a problematic product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)