DNS Waiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
I was bored today and I called and wanted to see if I could get National Feeds in HD since my locals are only carried in SD. The first CSR said that I might be able to get National Feeds then she transferred me over to another CSR and she told me that I need a DNS waiver. Has anyone had positive results in getting a DNS waiver?

Ironwood, I actually pull my locals from Duluth which are in SD. They sent the waiver through and said it takes up to 45 days but I was wondering if it takes longer or if anyone has had success in getting the waivers.

Ironwood, I actually pull my locals from Duluth which are in SD. They sent the waiver through and said it takes up to 45 days but I was wondering if it takes longer or if anyone has had success in getting the waivers.

ahhh yes the one county in the UP not in the Marquette DMA
Use to live in Duluth so had those locals...actually had them in Minneapolis until December when I upgraded to HD and they put a 3LNB slimline on the house (Duluth on 119)

my thoughts are this
-ABC 10 is owned by Hubbard based here in Minneapolis. They **might** approve it being you are so far away
-NBC 6 & CBS 3 are own/run by Granite Broadcasting. From what I remember they can be p**cks when it comes to waivers. They were like that back in the analog days too
-Fox 21 is owned by Red River Broadcasting....small company. They own the Fox affiliates in North Dakota and KQ21. They are mainly a radio broadcaster...really dont know

I thought the rule was if they didnt respond in 45 days you automatically got the national feeds?

Another option is to "move" to the Marquette DMA. Gogebic County is the only one in Duluth DMA. If you "move" to Marquette DMA (Houghton, Hancock, heck even Ontonagon) you'd get Marquette locals (bold in HD)
WJMN 3 CBS
WBKP 5 CW
WLUC 6 NBC
FOX 7
WBUP 10 ABC
WNMU 13 PBS
WNMU2 13 PBS
WZMQ 19 MY

edit2: If you go with MRQ, check signal on 103 spotbeam TP2 and see what it shows
Otherwise you could "move" to wausau (vilas and Oneida county in WI are in that area) and get the nets in HD
WSAW 7 CBS
WAOW 9 ABC
CW 10
WJFW 12 NBC
WHRM 20 PBS
WFXS 55 FOX

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)