Quick question about DNS...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, so I noticed in the "Channels I Get" guide that the distant NBC (East and West) and CBS (East and West) are not greyed out but white in my guide. I honestly thought these channels weren't available to me. Is this just a glitch? I called a DirecTV tech rep but she wasn't sure but she said that if they were available that since I already get locals that these would probably cost extra and that I would have to talk to programming or the DNS department. Speaking of that, what about distant ABC (East and West) and FOX (East and West), as well as CW West (already get "east" with my "moved" address) and national PBS? They all are intriguing stations. I have my doubts, but could I get them? It would be nice. My "moved" city and zip code is Durand, WI and 54736.

It sounds like a glitch. I get three NYC channels as significantly viewed, but only in sd. Those come in with the normal numbers 2, 4, and 5, but I can get them from the 390s also.

D* has never been able to get everyone's GIC functions to work consistently since day 1...not to mention the fact it has NO bearing on whether you do/don't qualify for ANY channel...

I'm seeing the same thing issue as well. It now says we get channels 390-393 (they used to be greyed out) but when I tune to them I get the 721 upgrade screen.

I am seeing this, too. And several channels that should be white are grayed out that shouldn't be - ESPN2, Tennis, Gems TV, Nick-west, NewsMax, Insp, Pursuit, FCS 608-2, Fox Soccer HD (Which I subscribe to), and several on-demand channels.

BTNa1HD has been grayed out since the last time it was used for football, on my HR44.

390-393 are white, and when I tune to them, I get a black screen, but no 721. 394-399, 403, 406, and 407 all have the 721 message. Several of the Spanish channels are white, too, but produce a black screen. I have Directv Deportes and those channels are white, as they should be.

On a side note, I wish they used the logo that's on 390 SD for CBS, it's the best one, IMO.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Update: This is unacceptable. I record Highly Questionable everyday on ESPN2. Since the receiver doesn't recognize that I "Get" the channel, the recording is not happening. Luckily, I only missed 5 minutes.

For some reason BTNa1HD is grayed out, even though it's in our package. Most of the regional sports should be grayed out but they're not. Does anyone know why the regionals are not grayed out? They should be since we don't subscribe to them.

For some reason BTNa1HD is grayed out, even though it's in our package. Most of the regional sports should be grayed out but they're not. Does anyone know why the regionals are not grayed out? They should be since we don't subscribe to them.

A friend used to have the sports pack and then dropped it and asked the same thing. I really don't know why. Since we live geographically were the RSNs are right after the other channels (New England) it's less annoying here, but when I lived in NC, this was annoying to those without the sports pack.

Part time channels don't always appear as available, because they aren't.

I have no idea. There probably isn't any programming on those channels either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)