Dnsc

shadowwalker

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 12, 2004
Why are there so my people bashing DNSC? I work for DNSC and from all the post I see DNSC is a joke. Not every DNSC installer screws up install most of us take pride in our work. I am not tring to defend DNSC by no means because I can not speck for the company as a whole only for the great installers who work out of this office.

Contractor jealousy? i doubt any contractor would be jealous of DNSC. Most of the tell me that I am crazy to work by the hour. Hopefully if anyone has had or has seen any problems with DNSC installs I just want to know so I can avoid those mistakes

i too work for a dnsc.. i have seen more bad jobs from contractors than our own techs.. i too think its contractor jelosy cauz after all we get payed by the hour to do a quality job.. contractors only get payed by the job.. and could care less about quality... for us the longer were on a job the more money in the bank.. for contractors the longer there on a job.. the less money they make..

C.Lyons said:
Why are there so my people bashing DNSC? I work for DNSC and from all the post I see DNSC is a joke.

I work at the McKeesport CSC where the DNS Modification calls are directed to. I take DNS, Tech support, and Customer support calls (no activations), and I rarely have a call where a DNSC technician caused a problem or fumbled an install. I can't understand why anyone would bash DNSC? DNSC did a helluva install at my house. As long as you ain't calling in on the mod line to modify a TC or MC, it's all good!

i too am a csr & i always do activations & i never have problems with dnsc techs. the biggest problems i have are with installers from jims satellite & waffle house who have no idea how to install dishnetwork equipment & when they cant get tv2 to work on a 322 or a 522, they either tell the customer to get a new tv or just leave & tell them to call dish.

Weren't there many problems with DNSC and the rollout of 811s? I think many people were upset with the 811 situation. Calls confirming your install was on, to have no one show up. Another call to say someone was coming to only have the installer show up without the equipment. Staying home from work to be there, and having this happen. Not having this happen once, but 4 times before you got your equipment. That equated DNSC with poor service to many people I think. But the install itself was fine.

Being a subcontractor in the VA market, I can say that I see plenty of "crap" from both sides, including in house DNSC and subs as well. I honestly take pride in every job I do and install it as if it were my own home. Everyone I train is taught EXACTLY the same way, but there are just to damn many bad apples out there (from each camp).

The reason we lost extra money for custom installs from Dish (i.e. wall fish, crawls, pole mounts, etc...) is b'cause of sub's charging for stuff they weren't doing. I don't blame Dish for pulling the plug (although I miss the extra money).

As for DNSC here, it is getting better but still has a long way to go! I don't single any group out in particular, just all the jerks in general. For me, this is my living not just a quick buck. Anyone in it for that reason should just get the hell out!!! (Leaves more work for me).

On the RSP end i see more crap installs from Subcontractors and retailers (Jims satellite and waffle house) than from anywhere else.

Since there are some CSR's in this thread... why are the first level or two of CSR's so uninformed about anything the company is working on. I swear they are 3 weeks behind the curve.

farmsatguy said:
Being a subcontractor in the VA market, I can say that I see plenty of "crap" from both sides, including in house DNSC and subs as well. I honestly take pride in every job I do and install it as if it were my own home.

farmsatguy, Dish are calling me today to send another tech to sort out their signal problem (Again) on my 105 Superdish, this'll be the 3rd time somebody has had to align it.
You ought to come over to Newport News for me and sort out this botched install :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)