Do I have a reason to complain?

sp818a

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
I really wish I had MeTv in my area ,but it's not available! Right now I get 2 abc,2 nbc,2cbs,2 cw,2ion,,2 fox 2 cozi ,anenna,this,grit,justice tv along with laff and escape ! I just wish I had MeTv ! Ya I got comet too but don't watch it! I'm in between Hartford Springfield so I guess that's an ok ota location!

I used to be in New Britain with an antenna aimed at Springfield for their PBS selection. Not a bad OTA location at all. But you could always add a dish or two or three...

It probably had to do with that channel 43 in Bridgeport (WZME) that had the MeTV affiliate for the market until they dropped it for H&I

But I don't know where they would add it?
Hartford locals
CBS 3...owned by Meredith but pretty full with 1 HD & 3 SD stations
ABC 8...owned as of right now by Media General but in the process of being sold to Nexstar....Nexstar doesnt really do subs..what is on there will stay
CW 20...owned by Tribune....they own AntennaTV...so doubt they would add a competing station to theirs ;)
NBC 30...owned by NBC...they own Cozi...see CW 20 ;)
My 59...see ABC 8
FOX 61...see CW20 (owned by Tribune)

Springfield
CBS 3 WSHM....might be the best option. Owned by Meredith...and has room
NBC 22...owned by MG but being sold to Nextsar...but its pretty much full with 2 HD and a SD station
ABC 40...owned by same folks who own CBS 3 (Meredith)

Meredith does have a MeTV affiliate in St Louis so it might be the best (only) option?

Reactions: Annie61
I really wish I had MeTv in my area ,but it's not available! Right now I get 2 abc,2 nbc,2cbs,2 cw,2ion,,2 fox 2 cozi ,anenna,this,grit,justice tv along with laff and escape ! I just wish I had MeTv ! Ya I got comet too but don't watch it! I'm in between Hartford Springfield so I guess that's an ok ota location!
I'm in the same area as you, and like you I keep hoping METV comes into this area. Hopefully Merideth adds it. I keep thinking my tv life will be complete with it :) OTA and Direct and I STILL want more channels.... :biggrin

Looks like the issue with Hartford is there isnt that many stations in the area and 3 of the Big 6 are owned by companies that have competing retro programming channels

It's too bad WZME dropped MeTV, I can get that station here in Northeast CT, although not always. Where Sp818a is, they probably could've gotten it with a long range directional antenna. :(

That's odd the 27th largest market (and highest in the Continental US) doesn't have METV......With the stations and their appropriate owners, your best bet would have been Hearst which has ME on their channels (i.e. WDSU). Since your market is not owned by a Hearst your best bet would be to get with one of them stations that's owned by my best friend (Nexstar) ABC 8

That's odd the 27th largest market (and highest in the Continental US) doesn't have METV......
not really. As stated above WZME had the METV affiliation until last October when they switched to H&I as a primary. WZME barely hits Hartford and is more a NYC are station (and is on the locals there). When WJLP got the MeTV affiliation for NYC both carried MeTV for a while until WZME dropped it for H&I

your best bet would have been Hearst
thats nice but Hearst doesnt have any stations there. I already posted the owners previously

Reactions: localclassictvfan
not really. As stated above WZME had the METV affiliation until last October when they switched to H&I as a primary. WZME barely hits Hartford and is more a NYC are station (and is on the locals there). When WJLP got the MeTV affiliation for NYC both carried MeTV for a while until WZME dropped it for H&I

thats nice but Hearst doesnt have any stations there. I already posted the owners previously

We have 34-1 AMGTV and 34-2 which is the same. At first it was a loop of an Autism Awareness ad and then it was an Indian channel and now it's the same as 34-1. Hopefully something will be on 34-2 soon.

This broadcasts from Wilbraham, MA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts