Do I have the right equipment for HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

California

Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
San Francisco
I'm looking for help with my direct tv service.

I have had regular direct tv service for a few years now and was recently given an HD receiver, H25-100.

The receiver doesn't seem to work with my current dish, SL5PIG-WMC. I get the error code 771a.

I ran further diagnostic tests and the diagnostic code error I go back is 51-786, SWM not detected.

Does this mean I need to replace the dish or is there another solution?

Im a non techie lady, so any easy explanation would be appreciated. :)

Many Thanks!

The H25 requires SWM. The LNB setup you have is not SWM as it has 4 outputs

easiest solution.....replace the LNB (the eyeball setup) to a SWm setup (has only one coax output on it)

Thanks for the help. Glad that the solution is pretty straight forward, I think. Is the SWM SL3 LNB relatively easy to switch out? I have zero experience with this one. Are there any useful tutorials to follow? Thank You!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!, yes they are, take the two screws out, unhook the coax (making sure receiver /'s are unplugged) and replace with the new one. Be sure you get a power inserter along with the new SWM LNB (which will require mounting and an extra short run of coax to your receivers) you may also look into an 8 way switch which will be needed for multiple receivers. There are easy how to videos on youtube.

The OP was GIVEN this recvr ?

This recvr is a LEASED recvr, hope you don't get charged for this recvr when it is suppose to be sent back.

Thanks for the input. I have no technical skills whatsoever so I'm going to have someone take a look at it. I'll have all of your input so hopefully I will get a plausible solution from the installer. I'll let you know how it goes. Living without tv for a week has been hard!

I didn't pay for the equipment. Thanks for checking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts