Do i have to buy new eqipment to switch from dishnetwork to Directv?

Rapido20007

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hello, this is my first post and i'm a newbie so please bear with me...

I'm switching from dish to directv. Do i have to buy a new receiver and dish? Or can i use my dishnetwork equipment with directv? I currently have Dish 301 and 5OO dish.

The reason why i'm switching is beacause dish calcelled TV Chile without telling or warning me. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello, this is my first post and i'm a newbie so please bear with me...

I'm switching from dish to directv. Do i have to buy a new receiver and dish? Or can i use my dishnetwork equipment with directv? I currently have Dish 301 and 5OO dish.

The reason why i'm switching is beacause dish calcelled TV Chile without telling or warning me. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Here's a link to DTV .Just click on international channels. At this time it appears that DTV does NOT offer the Chilean service either. It is entirely possible that the service is no longer available through Dish or Direct. Check into the Free to Air section of this site and there you may find out how you can get this service again.

Unlike the switch from Dish to Direct, like I attempted, Dish has a great promotion that includes free products and money back. When I attempted the switch to Direct, I would have to shell out $300 alone for the crap I'm going to be renting anyWAY! While the same products from Dish were free!

Unlike the switch from Dish to Direct, like I attempted, Dish has a great promotion that includes free products and money back. When I attempted the switch to Direct, I would have to shell out $300 alone for the crap I'm going to be renting anyWAY! While the same products from Dish were free!
Not all together true.Standard def receivers D12 and R15 DVRs 90% of the time are free to new customers,the same goes for the H-20 ,if you want High def. If you want and HD-DVR then you may have to front MAX $199 But I know of people who have gotten 2 HD-DVR,s and 2 SD receivers for $49.99 down. If you have good credit your going to get a better deal.Best thing to do is call and ask. When I added E* to my house,it wasn't free either, I got a 622 and a 211 for $49.99 but it also cost me $225 in programming fees for the first 2 months.I guess if I only wanted Dish Family I'd been in good shape! Trust me they all get the money out of us one way or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)