Do I HAVE to sign up for MLB Extra Innings ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CoolBeans

Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Oregon
Actually we did sign up last year to watch S.F. Giants. Got the "automatic renewal" letter this week.

We have a good DirecTV subscription package and watched a LOT of Giants games on CSNBA 696. Last week I heard Kruk and Kuipe say they were going to broadcast 143 Giants games on 696 CSNBA. My question is: Will DirecTV block out our 696 channel if we DO NOT subscribe to MLB Extra Innings?

Thanks in advance

yes DirecTV will backout 696 CSNBA if you don't subscribe to MLB Extra Innings, unless the Giants are your home town team

I asked DirecTV this question and they replied: ".....based on your zip, you will get 696 CSNBA for Giants and 698 for the A's even if you do not have the MLB Extra Innings, because they are your Regional Sports Network":cool:

Actually, if Southern Oregon, it's possible they do claim you as their region.

and allot worse quality too

I keep seeing this from the picture quality elitists. I love my blu-ray setup with a nice big TV and 5.1 setup as much as the next guy. MLB.tv isn't bad though. It isn't any worse than Netflix with a good streaming device and ISP and most people seem to be fine with that. I see no noticeable difference between MLB.tv and games on my RSN
provided by Dish. Is there some difference there? Maybe, but people make it sound unwatchable. That's just not the case.

Now go ahead and tell me how I don't have a good enough or high enough quality TV to see the difference. If you have a streaming device and a decent ISP save the $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I asked DirecTV this question and they replied: ".....based on your zip, you will get 696 CSNBA for Giants and 698 for the A's even if you do not have the MLB Extra Innings, because they are your Regional Sports Network":cool:

to verify plug your zip into here
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3450006

and see what it shows. This will show which teams you get with what package (choice, xtra, etc). It has nothing to do with if you sub to MLB EI so if you see the Giants listed then you'll be fine

Actually we did sign up last year to watch S.F. Giants. Got the "automatic renewal" letter this week.

We have a good DirecTV subscription package and watched a LOT of Giants games on CSNBA 696. Last week I heard Kruk and Kuipe say they were going to broadcast 143 Giants games on 696 CSNBA. My question is: Will DirecTV block out our 696 channel if we DO NOT subscribe to MLB Extra Innings?

Thanks in advance
According to this map....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/MLB_Blackout_Areas.png
There are two "if's"...One, if you are located somewhere in the southern 2/3rds of Oregon and if you receive CSN Bay Area as one of your "home" RSN's, then no, you do not need the MLB EI to watch the Giants.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)