Do I need a power inserter for a single slimline SWM satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spencer Martin

Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Alabama
Okay, so I recently aquired a slimline dish (2009 model) for use when tailgating at football games and I was wondering if I needed to use a power inserter for the single receiver or if I could simply run the line from the dish to the box. I tested it today in my yard and my box picked up a signal and had enough power to watch TV without the power inserter connected but I fear not using the power inserter could damage my box. Also, if I do need a power inserter can I use the one behind my TV in the living room (a 21v) or should I buy another. I also don't know the proper way to setup the power inserter as I cannot seem to find an explanation. If additional info is needed on the dish etc. I can provide it.
Any help is much appreciated!

A SLIMline dish or a SWM Slimeline dish ?

Does it say SWM on the LNB ?
If it doesn't say SWM on the LNB and you have a recvr that doesn't require SWM, your fine and don't need the Power Inserter ...
What recvr are you trying to use ?

A SLIMline dish or a SWM Slimeline dish ?

Does it say SWM on the LNB ?
If it doesn't say SWM on the LNB and you have a recvr that doesn't require SWM, your fine and don't need the Power Inserter ...
What recvr are you trying to use ?
It is an h23. Also. it does say SWM on the lnb.

It is an h23. Also. it does say SWM on the lnb.
Ok, if it says SWM on the LNB then you do need a Power Inserter.
Make sure when setting it up that you do a Repeat Sat set up in the menus, this should be set to SWM instead of Multiswitch when you make the connections, but I always check just to make sure.
When using the SWM LNB, you will not get any signal in the signal strength if the PI is not inline and plugged in.

The SWM set up only requires 1 line in from the LNB, there will be one connection that will say swm , use that coax input.

on the power inserter, there is a red port and an orange port. red port (to LNB) to dish, orange port (to IRD) to reciever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)