Do I need a software update on my Sonicview 360 Premier?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

19psi

SatelliteGuys Family
May 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
If it's getting stuck on a satellite I'd suspect hacker firmware. I would go to Sonic Views website and download the latest firmware and install that. Also download the manual too and see if it matches yours, if not you got a clone which I understand is very common. The manual to mine is quite good, actually better than the manuals for my new Sony and Mitsu equipment.
After doing a legit firmware upgrade, bits and pieces of the hacked firmware can still linger causing problems. There is also a system cleaner program that will wipe everything clean before installing the new firmware. I can't remember where that program came from, it may have been 3rd party or possibly included with the firmware or utilities download from their site.
Just make sure you use the correct firmware for your model.

Only bad experience I've had with my 360 Elite is that PBS stations on 125W produce no audio when using the standard L/R outputs yet work great when using its Optical Output into my surround receiver. At times it can also get finicky while recording on certain brands of usb flash drives.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Some of these PBS channels do have Ac-3 dolby audio, you know. That's why you need the optical cable connected to a Dolby-capable amp to get audio. Not a defect.

19psi

SatelliteGuys Family
May 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
I understand that they're AC3 but I thought most other boxes can decode it into a standard output? Just found it frustrating that you're out of luck with PBS unless you have a decent 5.1 receiver.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
I understand that they're AC3 but I thought most other boxes can decode it into a standard output? Just found it frustrating that you're out of luck with PBS unless you have a decent 5.1 receiver.

i thought the pbs switched to ac3 primary audio and mpeg2 secondary. i could be mistaken tho. kids are gaming so i cant check now.

crackt out,.

copas

Jan 1, 2009
southerb Ohio
I have watched PBS for some time when they were analog. I bought the Viewsonic to continue when they went digital. So far all my efforts to detect the digital data have been in vain. I still can't understand why I can't pick it up.
I will keep trying.
Merry Christmas

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Ivan have you got ku lnf on your dish? If so, the PBS channels can be found on two other satellites on ku. If your dish will go east far enough , you can get them on 63W, and also on 125W if your dish goes that far west. Some of the 125W channels are HD. Whats on AMC1 I believe is just a digital feed of the one national channel. On those ku birds you can get Create, and others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)