Do I need a SWM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For the elevation setting, are you using the red line on the bracket? Don't use the nut.

You need to work on the replies, your response isn't in them! :)
Click the reply button, then respond below the text in the box.

I don’t have a red line but there is an indicator on there that I use that moves with the whole thing, I don’t use the nut, most of the places that I got these stay the same!!!

How do I find Sat. 101??
First off, you have to be patient! If you have a smartphone there are apps like SatelliteAR that will locate the satellites about where they are in the sky so you will be able to point the dish in the right general direction. Then it's a matter of moving the dish slowing in one direction until you get a signal, or back the other way if you don't. Like I said, you have to wait after you adjust the dish to let it register any changes.

Sorry, stepped away for a few.

Teek,
Heres your settings.

Latitude: 35.6522°
Longitude: -79.1436°
Satellite Data
Name: 101W DIRECTV 4S | DIRECTV 9S | SES 1
Distance: 37591km
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 42.6°
Azimuth (true): 214.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 223.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 27.4°

Sorry, stepped away for a few.

Teek,
Heres your settings.

Latitude: 35.6522°
Longitude: -79.1436°
Satellite Data
Name: 101W DIRECTV 4S | DIRECTV 9S | SES 1
Distance: 37591km
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 42.6°
Azimuth (true): 214.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 223.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 27.4°
Or 62.6° skew depending on which direction you measure it from.

Your post says you are getting a 775 error, that's nothing to do with dish alignment. That says your receiver is expecting to be connected to an SWM dish, but isn't. You need to reset your receiver to the legacy, 4-cable setup. Go through sat setup, select "multiswitch" as the multiswitch type, then select the dish type you are using.

Your post says you are getting a 775 error, that's nothing to do with dish alignment. That says your receiver is expecting to be connected to an SWM dish, but isn't. You need to reset your receiver to the legacy, 4-cable setup. Go through sat setup, select "multiswitch" as the multiswitch type, then select the dish type you are using.
There you go, I knew I was missing something.

Yeah ...

Many times DIRECTV receivers can be stubborn getting them out of SWM mode and into legacy.
Sad and True ....
You'd think that would be easy ....
If it doesn't see the voltage from the SWM any longer, you'd think it would detect that and supply it.
Without jumping thru hoops.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)