Do I need the C satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr. Fusion

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Collinsville, OK
I live in an apartment where I was *told* that I would be able to get DirecTV no problem. I have been paying for 3 months and have never had the A satellite come in very well because of a tree that is blocking the way (and currently I have nothing). I just ordered a tripod to relocate the dish but the only place I can put it where the tree will not be in the way a building interferes with the C. Do I need the C for anything? Right now, with the B and C perfect, all I can get are the locals. I'm most concerned with NFL Sunday Ticket and my ESPNs, etc.

Thanks!

If with B and C being perfect and all you get is lcoals etc, then when you only get A you will lose the locals but you will have all the rest of the channels. NFL ST and the espns and such will come in fine. Maybe you can get lucky and get locals with rabbit ears.

Well, although you ONLY need the C sat for some HD & Chinese prog, does it really matter at this point? Since the C sat is BETWEEN the A & B sats, you're going to lose either way if you CAN'T get BOTH A & B sat. (If you could, then obviously C would NOT be a problem anyway...)
But, as long as you DON'T mind loosing your locals on the B sat & you don't have the spanish or some other HD prog, then you'll get all the rest of your prog on the A one.

I do have another suggestion - if you CAN'T get both A & B, & you really don't want to lose your networks, you could always "move" to another nearby market that has THEIR locals on the A sat & you'd be back in business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buying a new D* system from local dealer than from D*

CBS HD Picture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)