Do I Really Need the 61.5 Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asiegler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
I currently live in Va Beach Va and have the 211 w/HD package. My only dish is a super500 dish which sees 105, 110 and 119. I see a lot of HD stuff moving to the 61.5 and 129 slots. When I upgraded to the 211 promotion from an 811 receiver, I thought I was suppose to get a dish1000 which sees 110, 119 and 129. My Dish installer stated my area doesn't qualify for the dish1000 but if I wanted to add another dish at a cost of $99 that I could get the Voom channels.

My questions is, did I get screwed out of the proper dishes, and does Dish plan on putting all of the new meg4 HD stuff on 61.5. Please advise.

Thanks

Yes, you were 'screwed' in a way. You are probably paying for HD channels you are not seeing. Since you cannot see 129, then 51.5 is your only option. The $99 would have been worth it as you need a dp44 switch (usually sells for around $170).

I guess their no chance of getting a additional dish thru the 211 promotion this late in the game. Any ideas?

If you purchased a 211 with a metallic HD pack, then they owe you a complete working system. You should have a good case to get them back out with a 61.5 with proper switches to make the whole thing work.

Now if somehow there was a $99 option to install all of the dishes and switches and you elected to not take it, then you might be in a pickle.

You'll need a dish installed for 61.5 and a DPP44 switch. That could run you around $300 complete with installation. And there is a waiting list for the DPP44. Installations that require a DPP44 are being held up for weeks.

Just talked to the Dish Tech folks and they are honoring the 211 promotion by installing a new 61.5 dish this Wednesday. Thanks to all who responsed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts