Do I Really Need the 61.5 Sat

asiegler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
I currently live in Va Beach Va and have the 211 w/HD package. My only dish is a super500 dish which sees 105, 110 and 119. I see a lot of HD stuff moving to the 61.5 and 129 slots. When I upgraded to the 211 promotion from an 811 receiver, I thought I was suppose to get a dish1000 which sees 110, 119 and 129. My Dish installer stated my area doesn't qualify for the dish1000 but if I wanted to add another dish at a cost of $99 that I could get the Voom channels.

My questions is, did I get screwed out of the proper dishes, and does Dish plan on putting all of the new meg4 HD stuff on 61.5. Please advise.

Thanks

Yes, you were 'screwed' in a way. You are probably paying for HD channels you are not seeing. Since you cannot see 129, then 51.5 is your only option. The $99 would have been worth it as you need a dp44 switch (usually sells for around $170).

I guess their no chance of getting a additional dish thru the 211 promotion this late in the game. Any ideas?

If you purchased a 211 with a metallic HD pack, then they owe you a complete working system. You should have a good case to get them back out with a 61.5 with proper switches to make the whole thing work.

Now if somehow there was a $99 option to install all of the dishes and switches and you elected to not take it, then you might be in a pickle.

You'll need a dish installed for 61.5 and a DPP44 switch. That could run you around $300 complete with installation. And there is a waiting list for the DPP44. Installations that require a DPP44 are being held up for weeks.

Just talked to the Dish Tech folks and they are honoring the 211 promotion by installing a new 61.5 dish this Wednesday. Thanks to all who responsed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)