Do I still need 61.5 for hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
As I understand it, all hd programming has been moved to 110. Please correct me f I am wrong.

Or do I still need 61.5 for current hd programming? For future hd programming?

Shelly

Don't go rush and take it down though. Charlie mentioned something last month on a retailer chat something about "acquiring VOOM programming" whatever that means. As long as its up there might as well leave it for now. YMMV :D

Maybe Charlie is going to lease the HD channels and make them available for Dish customers. Could he do that?

Voom is owned by cablevision. But Cablevision is planning on spinning them off into a separate company. But, they are having problems right now with accounting issues that are slowing down the process. Plus the issue of could it survive as a separate company with the big losses and low sub rates.

korsjs said:
isn't hbo, showtime, and cbs east and west on the 61.5 wing?
Its currently
61.5: HD Demo channel & CBS-HD East
148: CBS-HD West, HBO-HD, Showtime-HD & HD PPV

Thanks for confirming what I had thought. Yes, I do get CBS-HD East, but not necesary as I have other source for it.

I plan to go with Voom, but will leave the sat in place and have a second 61.5 mounted. This will be the 6th dish to install on my roof. Quite a little collection up there.

Shelly

Shelly -

If you have a legacy dual LNB on that 61.5 dish there is no need to put up a second one for VOOM. Just split the signal with a standard multiswitch first, sending one output to your VOOM box and another to one input leg of an SW21. The other input of the SW21 should be an output from an SW64 or twin/quad LNB from your Dish500. The output of the SW21 goes to your Dish box. Voila - you have 61.5, 119, and 110 on the Dish box and 61.5 on the VOOM box. There are other ways to do this but this is the simplest. If you have more than one box for either service you may need a slightly more complex setup.

dlsnyder said:
Shelly -

If you have a legacy dual LNB on that 61.5 dish there is no need to put up a second one for VOOM. Just split the signal with a standard multiswitch first, sending one output to your VOOM box and another to one input leg of an SW21. The other input of the SW21 should be an output from an SW64 or twin/quad LNB from your Dish500. The output of the SW21 goes to your Dish box. Voila - you have 61.5, 119, and 110 on the Dish box and 61.5 on the VOOM box. There are other ways to do this but this is the simplest. If you have more than one box for either service you may need a slightly more complex setup.

Unfortunately, I have a legacy single lnb 18" dish pointed at the 61.5. Actually it appears to point to the ground, but I am able to get 61.5 through a very narrow opening in the hills that surround my home in central CA. I had this installed for Dish hd before they lauched the 148 sat for those of us on the West coast. So here comes my sixth dish. (Actually, three will have been disabled but will remain in place with their rspective cabling into the house in case I ever decide to return to Dish and/or Directv. Two are active with BEV.)

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)