teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Pilot": Renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Jason Cole fights to control his vengeful alternate personality, Ian Price.

S~

OH MY GOD!!!! What a piece of heaping excrement, derivative, unfeasible, unresearched, improbable, idiocy was this?

The premise of dissociative disorder is not the problem. My father was a psychiatrist and he had hospitalized patients who claimed to have this affliction. His response to this type of thing was "It doesn't work that way."

So okay, let's get beyond the medical issue and just accept the premise that there are two completely different personalities that inhabit this guy, one a brilliant surgeon by day and the other a rogue recluse by night. Just in the pilot, both would be in jail for their actions, and the doctor/group guy would have had this man in protective custody in some psych ward years ago rather than have him doped up on a drug both his enablers say will kill him.

So, okay. Let's do what they do in MST3K are repeat to myself it's only just a TV show and I should really just relax.

Let's get into the meat of the actual episode.
Granted it is the pilot so they have to introduce everything, but tell me, why after going bananas in an OR would ANY hospital administrator EVER let this guy back into an OR to perform the type of surgery he was going to perform?
How can a guy who assaulted an off duty police officer not be arrested and at the very least end up in jail with an assault charge.
And then there is the unspoken rape of his fellow doctor by the alter-ego. Really, this was just a bit much.

The whole idea is hard to swallow, but it could be done in a much more interesting, and believable way. Perhaps in future episodes now that the tone has been set something much more plausible can happen, but I may not be able to give this show the second or third viewing I generally give hour-long dramas. I won't completely shut the door because I know how much a program's tone can change from the pilot to the first actual episode. But I will not be a "battered spouse" here. If this show beats me up with the same crap it hit me with this week, it'll be the last time I see this show.

I have it recorded, but now I am in doubt about watching... I may just let them DVR and see if it has a chance.

All it really seemed to me based on previews is a Dr Jeckel/Mr Hyde take off...

I say the best part about the show is the eye candy, Alana De La Garza. I swear she gets better looking with age.

Alana+De+La+Garza+%u002525286%2529.jpg

Spoiler tags were truly redundant for this rotting carcass of a show.

...Let's get into the meat of the actual episode.
Granted it is the pilot so they have to introduce everything, but tell me, why after going bananas in an OR would ANY hospital administrator EVER let this guy back into an OR to perform the type of surgery he was going to perform?
How can a guy who assaulted an off duty police officer not be arrested and at the very least end up in jail with an assault charge.
And then there is the unspoken rape of his fellow doctor by the alter-ego. Really, this was just a bit much.

The whole idea is hard to swallow, but it could be done in a much more interesting, and believable way. Perhaps in future episodes now that the tone has been set something much more plausible can happen, but I may not be able to give this show the second or third viewing I generally give hour-long dramas. I won't completely shut the door because I know how much a program's tone can change from the pilot to the first actual episode. But I will not be a "battered spouse" here. If this show beats me up with the same crap it hit me with this week, it'll be the last time I see this show.

I found the show interesting. But I like stories about split personalities since I was in High school and did a research paper on it senior year for Psychology class. I liked the guy who plays the lead when he was in Rescue Me on Fx. I'll keep watching it for now. If I find it to be too hard to believe , I 'll drop it. I read the NBC ratings were not good for this show , so I might not have to watch it for to long anyway.

There won't be any more to watch.

Things sure aren't breaking NBC's way these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)