DO NOT use a gun to install your satellite...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ng54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Man fatally shoots wife while installing satellite TV system

Here's one for the book! (cp)www.kansascity.com | 03/25/2008 | Man fatally shoots wife while installing satellite TV system

Posted on 03/25/2008 1:04:25 PM PDT by osagebowman

SEDALIA, Mo. | Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.
Patsy D. Long, 34, of Deepwater, was pronounced dead early Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.
The woman, who was outside the house, was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff’s Department said.

Yeah right it was an accident. You have to say he thought this one out for a while.

Maybe he should be drained from the gene pool.
Maybe using that drill.
You suppose it could be equipped with a .22 cal drill bit for the operation? :eek:

What thought process was going on there? Even if it was an accident, I just never had that occur to me, to blast a hole thru the wall with a gun while installing a cable.

I told this story to my wife last night. She said that I shouldn't get any ideas, and that she's going to be cautious when I'm installing any dishes in the future..

If you think about it, that is one crazy idea, but if it had worked without anybody getting killed, it would have made a great youtube video about a satellite installation.

It may be the sign of my warped mind, but I was wondering last night if the guy was going to actually complete the satellite dish install or not..

At first, after reading only the headline, I thought this was going to be a report of a freak accident involving a Ramset tool, not an actual firearm.

Something tells me this was not going to be a true FTA install.

I read that several months back, I thought it was a Hoax, I guess not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)