Do orby receivers reboot themselves updates?

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I leave one TV on all the time for my pets. Dish always reboots for updates and will not resume TV without pushing enter on the remote. Do orby boxes stay on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I leave one TV on all the time for my pets. Dish always reboots for updates and will not resume TV without pushing enter on the remote. Do orby boxes stay on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
When I first installed, It had a screen saying a download was in progress, and not to turn off.

This is a much less sophisticated system than DTV or Dish, so I doubt they need to frequently re load new software into the reciever.

But when they do, I hope they de bug the new software better than DTV did. Every new release seemed to screw up some receivers, but Orby does not have a TON of different models of boxes to deal with.

It sucked trying to explain to customers that there was nothing physicality wrong with their system, the glitches they were seeing was a software issue and there was nothing I could do about that. And I already saw the same thing on 6 different customers with the same box this week, lol.

I've seen my OrbyTV reboot after new software was installed. Just like any reboot/power-cycle of OrbyTV, it stays on and displays the same channel it was on at the time reboot/power-cycle. That's what I like about OrbyTV, you turn on the TV and I see it displaying the broadcast. Unlike my bedroom where I turn on the TV, and I have to load an App (Sling, YouTube, hulu+, Vue), wait, then I can watch TV.

I hav e had many dogs. None of them evers eem to notice what is on TV. Occasioanlly the audio but the picure.

Reactions: MikeI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts