orby dvr receiver

I tried without success. I purchased a second receiver on clearance for $30 when my local Best Buy was closing which was a DVR model. I never bothered activating it when the service was still active as I was using my original non DVR box.

Several weeks ago I tried to see if it would be handy as a OTA DVR only but found the setup wizard stops when it can't find the satellite signal. On mine, the ethernet port was not active and there was no way I could do anything with it.

Too bad eBay is full of the receivers and unsuspecting buyers will be stuck with them.

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Not sure I would risk corrupting the drive unless there is a utility for such tasks. Back when I was a TIVO enthusiast years ago, I did things like that and always created backup images on new HDDs for the day it failed. If you value your recordings it's probably good practice to leave them where they are and transfer them while viewing with some sort of capture device to another location.

Reactions: harshness
how can i make the new orby dvr receiver non activate to work as dvr like my old activate orby dvr receiver Thanks.
After Orby went out of business, I ended with a DVR receiver. I have it connected to my OTA antenna and use the dvr feature with no problems. The other receiver, I am using it as DTV convertor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)