Bypassing Satellite Screen Orby non DVR Receiver

Well whatever the cause may be I just am waiting for code to be put into the receiver so that the setup can be bypassed without the need for a satellite dish and LNB. I tried the LNB from eBay but it’s too much hassle and not worth it for just a good ole converter box, maybe I’ll do it once more FTA channels other than church ones are on the transponders that Orby used.

Here’s the deal: if ANYONE has an Orby DVR or standard receiver that they want to sell, I’ll gladly purchase it as long as it works for OTA channels and is past the setup screen. I’ll consider $20 or whatever. Please lemme know if anyone’s interested, thanks!

Anyone setting up one of these receivers just for OTA use still should be aware not to connect to your antenna directly. Especially if other devices are connected to the antenna system. Use the satellite diplexer or a DC power blocking splitter to avoid putting the LNBF power out and damaging other connected components.

Yes, I made a thread two days ago about it.

Public statement:
Orby is excited to re-launch under new ownership! Our initial, family-friendly package is supplemented by Elevate, a faith-based package.
In addition, we are in discussions with every major programming group from the previous Orby platform.
We’ll be offering a wider selection soon – featuring most of the original Orby programming.
Please direct any inquiries to info@orbytv.com and we’ll respond as soon as we are able.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts