Do PVR FTA Boxes work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rjc - ya didn't waste $80 on an SD receiver.
But, I hope you don't feel like ya blew $500 once ya get that HD! :)
Given the current state of HD FTA boxes, I think your SD will come in handy in the future.

I guess the main reason for an HD FTA box is to get more free wild feeds that I cannot get on SD. I have a friend who has Comcast and we watched the Steelers/Chargers game in HD. Other than a wider field of view, I didn't think the picture quality justifies the price of the TV and the subscription to HD channels. Maybe it was just Comcast, but I really wasnn't impressed with the picture quality.

I noticed that during the NFL regular season, there were some games being broadcast ITC for HD that were not available on SD. I'm sure that will change in the near furture.

rjc - ya didn't waste $80 on an SD receiver.
But, I hope you don't feel like ya blew $500 once ya get that HD! :)
Given the current state of HD FTA boxes, I think your SD will come in handy in the future.

I guess the main reason for an HD FTA box is to get more free wild feeds that I cannot get on SD. I have a friend who has Comcast and we watched the Steelers/Chargers game in HD. Other than a wider field of view, I didn't think the picture quality justifies the price of the TV and the subscription to HD channels. Maybe it was just Comcast, but I really wasnn't impressed with the picture quality.

I noticed that during the NFL regular season, there were some games being broadcast ITC for HD that were not available on SD. I'm sure that will change in the near furture.
dont blame the guys filiming the games, blame your DTH provider.

Ive seen hockey games at 50mbps on a feed, and on bell expressvu the same feed is 15mbps (and on bev 15mbps mpeg2 hd is the best it gets, most are far less, think 5-10mbps)

course this isnt allways the case, Ive seen new england sports network SD feeds with the nice little HD overlay symbol. not sure how they get around that legality, kinda false advertising imo. but nesn is the only one Ive seen do that so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)