DO THE RECEIVERS RUN HOT?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
Does the HR-24 and the H-24 receivers run hot? I have a cabinet with closed front glass doors. It is well venilated in the back of the cabinet. This has always worked fine for my Verizon box (MOTOROLA)and Sony stereo receiver but I have always had to open the doors for my PS3(BLU-RAY) because it generates more heat. Do any of you have your DTV receivers in a closed cabinet and do they get too hot?

Does the HR-24 and the H-24 receivers run hot? I have a cabinet with closed front glass doors. It is well venilated in the back of the cabinet. This has always worked fine for my Verizon box (MOTOROLA)and Sony stereo receiver but I have always had to open the doors for my PS3(BLU-RAY) because it generates more heat. Do any of you have your DTV receivers in a closed cabinet and do they get too hot?

How hot is it running ?
Mine is running at 111*(HR24-500), also inside a cabinet with glass doors closed all the time.
The older units ran much hotter, my HR20-700's run in the 120-127* range ... btw, any hotter and I would be concerned, actually OVER 127 * I would have been doing something different.
Fwiw, you can always throw a fan in there if you want.

Btw, to check your internal temp :
Menu, Set Up, System Set Up, Info and Test hit the Select button, More system info, Internal temp, it's towards the bottom of the first screen.

Have not noticed the 24's running hot.

The 20's ran hot enough that I have seen them melt access cards to the point where it was damn near impossible to get them out.

kjlued said:
Have not noticed the 24's running hot.

The 20's ran hot enough that I have seen them melt access cards to the point where it was damn near impossible to get them out.

The H20-600 was the one that ran real hot, enough so that they were replacing them without question.

Yup, the H20-100s were pretty much no problem boxes. The -600s had better ota tuners, but were very glitchy. It took me four tries to get one that worked right.

My HR24 tops out at around 122 degrees, usually it's 118. My H24 sits on top of a bookshelf, the sides and above it are all uncovered. It is always extremely hot to the touch. Had problems originally with signal reception in that room and a tech came, said it shouldn't be that warm, replaced it. The replacement is just as warm but no signal issues. So to me the H24 definitely runs warm.

My HR24 tops out at around 122 degrees, usually it's 118. My H24 sits on top of a bookshelf, the sides and above it are all uncovered. It is always extremely hot to the touch. Had problems originally with signal reception in that room and a tech came, said it shouldn't be that warm, replaced it. The replacement is just as warm but no signal issues. So to me the H24 definitely runs warm.

122* is not that bad really.

Mine are all low (bottom shelf of cabinet), open air. Typically run 101-110 degrees.

They run relatively cool compared to the Dish HD DVRs (if anyone's had any experience with those). I think you can fry an egg on those.

I have a HR24 in a cabinet and it runs around 108. The last time I checked the HR24 that is on a shelf, it was 122.
They all vary.
When I had Dish all my receivers ran over 120.

Never had a problem with any of them due to the heat.

HR24s run hot a lot. I've been to houses on service for this issue many times. Some will run really hot some won't. Now on the H24s I haven't seen a lot that run really hot.

HR24s run hot a lot. I've been to houses on service for this issue many times. Some will run really hot some won't. Now on the H24s I haven't seen a lot that run really hot.

This all depends on what YOU consider HOT.

If D* thought they were running hot, enough to cause issues (like the H20-600) we would hear about it somewhere down the line.

As I mentioned previously, My HR20-700's ran anywhere from 116* to 127*, if it went any higher, I would be concerned.
Remember, thats INTERNAL temp.

My HR24s don't run that hot, they seem to stay under 120*.

Currently, my units that are close by are running:
HR24 - 113*
HR20-700 - 120*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts