Do voom channels look as good...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phatbastard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Do the voom channels that are on E* now look as good as when the voom channels were on voom... Also i wonder how many E* subscribers that have been E* subs for awhile have bought the voom package. Probably none have bought it and just the former voom subs have...

I added the Voom pack and was not a former voom. A lot of non voomers who had dish only added Voom.

6 channels look worse then they were on voom
4 channels look better than on voom (Monsters,Ultra,Animania,Equator)

Well just added VOOM programing tonight after Friday's DISH install. May just be luck but using the new 942 DVR, OTA HD and DISH HD looks as good or better than VOOM did. Posted in DISH Forum too, but I am surprised that DISH could do this good. I did not expect this! May be my set-up, or location since not everyone is as happy as I am. Good Luck if you go this route. I could not be more impressed.

Overall, the PQ is on par or slightly better on my 811s than when I had V*. The PQ on my 942 is slightly better to outstanding on some channels. I missl the Cinema10 channels, but VOOM is playing more movies and an expanded selection on GuyTV and Majestic...sure helps having a 942 HD DVR. Anyway, this has been my experience so far.

I agree they look on par or slightly better. HDNews looks better for sure. In some of the "swirling" graphics there was slight pixelation, but that is in the past tense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts