Do you carry a pistol on a daily basis?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you carry on a regular basis?

• Yes

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • No never

Votes: 39 56.5%
  • I sometimes carry but not often

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I open carry but don't have a concealed permit

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true (atleast in Florida). You can carry a concealed weapon in a food establishment that sells alcohol if you have a concealed permit. You just can't sit at the bar and you can't consume any alcohol.

Another dumb law. They must figure if you carry a gun, sit at the bar and/or drink alcohol you'll go on a shooting spree. :rolleyes:

If you walked into APPLEBEES with a gun on your person in plain site I'm sure they'd say we don't want you to bring that in here and refuse to serve you. Even if you're legally carrying a gun they can tell you to go back outside, leave it in the car, or don't come back in. If you argued about it they could call the police and get you arrested for disorderly conduct.

I don't believe thats true. If you walk into Applebees with a gun and point that gun at the waiter he will serve you. And I also bet it won't charge you either.

I like guns.

Thats not true (atleast in Florida). You can carry a concealed weapon in a food establishment that sells alcohol if you have a concealed permit. You just can't sit at the bar and you can't consume any alcohol.
Yeah like I said that's the law here. However, I don't know what the laws in other states are so it's probably allowed in more places than just where you are. However, here it's not allowed.

If you walked into APPLEBEES with a gun on your person in plain site I'm sure they'd say we don't want you to bring that in here and refuse to serve you. Even if you're legally carrying a gun they can tell you to go back outside, leave it in the car, or don't come back in. If you argued about it they could call the police and get you arrested for disorderly conduct.

That is their right. However, not all of them do that. I know there are quite a few people in this state who have open carried in Applebee's and quite a few other places and not have one bit of trouble. Then again at the same time there are ones who have run into that situation. Just depends on the particular place and the particular people working there at that time.

No, it wasn't/isn't...

And even if he is joking......

I was joking. In truth I've been around guns all my life. Growing up my father never locked his guns. We respected guns and knew how to handle them. Lighten up Francis
[video=youtube;LrllCZw8jiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM[/video]

CWC here in Florida, plus I try to get a refresher course each year to stay current on the law changes and self defense techniques.

Originally taught gun safety by my father but really learned in the military and got real experience in combat.

So, for many years after leaving the military I didn't want anything to do with carrying a gun for self defense. Then a neighbor was shot in his home by a burglar when I lived in NY. Gun laws were tough in NY so after I moved to FL I bought my first 9mm and got the training and CWC permit. I only carried it out in public when I was in a dangerous location. Later I stopped a burglary to my next door neighbor, made a citizens arrest on a DUI cab driver, and had to pull my CW on a thug in a K-Mart Parking lot to stop him from attacking my wife. Details are not important, Fact is I have had to use it and had it when it counted. That's three times being armed stopped a crime.
Today I have several handguns as I like to target practice with a variety of handguns. I also own a shotgun and an AR15. The shotgun is a gift from my father but I would not use it for defense in the home. Too much damage! The AR15 is just because I am allowed to own one and decided to buy before they got out of sight pricewise. Yes, it's outfitted for sniper work but that's just my toy! I would not even think of grabbing it for self defense unless this nation were under attack and authorities needed every citizen capable to aid in a militia, even old vets like me. :)

As for CWC. In Florida the law requires you to maintain the weapon concealed! The way it was explained to me is that means iof another can detect you are carrying, or you advise someone you are carrying it is no longer concealed and you are in violation. The only time you may display your CW is if it is required to stop a crime, in self defense or to defend another. This was as of last February when I did my annual refresher course. BTW- annual refresher is not a requirement here but I do it voluntarily. I would vote for annual requirement as I'm a strong believer in education and training to carry. My new favorite personal CW is the Micro Desert Eagle. It conceals well without special wardrobe adjustments.

Hey pro96- Is that what is known as a jamomatic? I have one too. :D The damn thing will autofire until it jams. Mine is an Intratec 9 I had to stop taking it to the range since it would turn heads when I used it.

Interesting thread. Glad everyone is keeping the politics out of it.

Someone I know got a conceal and carry permit not long ago in MN.
He had to go to gun safety class and was taught how to shoot it on a target range.
He didn't have to be an expert marksmen to get the permit but there was some level of skill he had to be up to.
I think that's a good way to do it. Make the person go to gun safety and minimual shooting skill to get the permit.

Of course even police can screw up using a firearm[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe6Wp9fASrI]YouTube - Police gun goes off[/ame]

Someone I know got a conceal and carry permit not long ago in MN.
He had to go to gun safety class and was taught how to shoot it on a target range.
He didn't have to be an expert marksmen to get the permit but there was some level of skill he had to be up to.
I think that's a good way to do it. Make the person go to gun safety and minimual shooting skill to get the permit.
Here in Florida you also need to have a hunters course and range time. But for me the state excepted a hunters training cert. from way back in the 80's that I took up in Michigan. I was kinda shocked when they said they would except it :).

Guess I can chime in and mention that i have a license to carry in 36 states and nearly always do except in places where its restricted (places permitted to serve liquor currently in this state, government buildings, in laws house etc...).

Of course I am a federally licensed firearms dealer and an NRA instructor in pistol and rifle etc... so its what i do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts