Do You Get Both Local & National Channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc...)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Another of the many reasons I want to switch from TWC is because they show religious programming up until noon on Sundays in my city and they don't have national feed options. That means if i.e. a major sporting event is scheduled in the morning, they are not going to cut-in to the game until noon and they do not repeat the entire game or any part of it missed (it's a good thing football doesn’t start until noon). Will the same thing happen with DirecTV? If I look at the schedule on the DirecTV website for any given Sunday, it shows religious and "paid programming" on NBC, ABC, and FOX for my city up until noon. I see that they also have the national feeds for these stations that show the regular programming. Do those national feeds get blocked if I can get them locally? If they do get blocked, can you sign up for DirecTV without getting local channels and opt for the national feeds only? Thanks.

When you sign up you will allowed to get your market's local stations. The only way you would be eligible for any national feed is if your local market does not carry a specific network (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC). I'll use my example. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, MyN, NBC, and PBS for my local channels. I am not eligible to receive any national feeds for that reason. A month ago I was only able to get ABC, NBC, and CBS in high def. I was allowed to receive FOX from New York in high def because I wasn't able to receive it locally. My local FOX network also had to approve a waiver before DirecTV could allow me to receive it.

So in a nutshell, if you can get ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC from your local market through DirecTV you probably won't be allowed to receive them from NY or LA.

Wow, that's shocking. I don't understand why ABC for instance would even bother to broadcast a soccer game that's exclusive to them for 10:00 a.m. on Sunday knowing that most people across the country will never see it on their local affiliates. I could be wrong about "most", but I lived in many large (a million or more people) cities in my life and I seem to recall them all showing religious and paid programming on major networks on Sunday morning. I thought for sure satellite would be the way to solve all that nonsense.

Not too many big time sporting events will be starting before Noon on Sundays.

Yeah, it almost always happens with things like soccer. The 2006 World Cup on ABC was bad because it was played in Germany and a great deal of the games were shown in the morning in the U.S. I am a soccer fan but I'll admit that most people don't consider it big time sports programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)