Do you Have an EHD?

Well there are two kinds of EHDs in the context of Dish Network. For add-on storage, or for turning a 211k into a DVR. I have the latter & love it. Sure beats paying monthly DVR fees. :D

Cheers

EDIT; Oh yeah, I'd give it a 10.

I have two. One ona 211k and one ona 622. I will actually answer the request fora 1-10 rating and give it an 8.

I don't have an EHD because I usually don't keep a lot of old stuff, but if my 722k was in need of a replacement, I would surely buy one to transfer my stuff from my old one to my replacement one.

I've been using a 1TB WD drive on my 211 ever since they bumped the capacity to that level (Mar. '09, IIRC) Almost have it full. It has been rock solid from day 1 (KoW !!) I'd give it a 9+. My only complaints are minor things, like the back-up button takes me back 30 seconds (S/B only 10) and when I want to cancel-out of the DVR function that should take only 1 click instead of several "Cancels". I would also like more characters available in the (re)naming screen, and the option to have multiple capital letters...

I have 3 external hard drives . 2 for my recording of movies and 1 for the 211 in my boy's room for dvr. Love being able to record movies and send them to me ex hard drive so it doesn't clog up my receiver hard drive space.

I have "His & Hers" EHDs on my 722k, 1-1tb adcom data, and 1-2tb WD. The new WD runs way cooler. I give the whole EHD concept and execution a "10".

EHD = GREAT!
PROGRAM PRICING = SUCKS!
I turned a 211 into a dvr with a 1TB EHD when my locals became available on the EA in HD.
The EHD/DVR functionality with no monthly fee (on the 211/211k) almost makes up for the exorbitant cost of programming.

I have them on both my 211s. Record movies and PPV on the bedroom EHD and sports and other shows for me on the living room TV. Use it a lot during the Tour De France so I can watch three to five hours of live coverage in an hour or less.

Rate at 10/10 on both receivers.

Jim

I have one on my 722k. I give it a 9, only because I would like to have the option to record directly onto the EHD.

Ghpr13:)

I don't understand what happened to two of my 500gb WD My Book EHDs. They work fine on my 722K and use to work on my 612 but the 612 no longer sees them when I plug them in. The 612 works perfectly with my Maxor 500 but it won't acknowledge the My Books any longer. I used chat and they referred me to a tech. The tech sent down a signal to enable the receiver but to no avail. The tech said they will ship me out another receiver. I tried the EHDs both in the front port and the rear with no luck either place yet the Maxor works fine. I don't understand it because they use to work perfectly, at least up to a couple weeks ago when I last used them. When I plug them in nothing happens. I hit "my media" and it says no device is hooked up. Then, in about ten minutes, a box comes up and says the usb device plugged in is not supported. Does anyone have any ideas how this can be?

Guess that I should have put this in this thread. When the installer installed my 722K, he wanted me to show him how the ext hard drive functions, since in his five years with Dish, doing mostly repairs and upgrades, I am the first customer that he has ever seen with the EXT Hard Drive hooked up to a 722 or 211. I guess 90% of the ext hard drive customers are Sat Guys members. I have 5 Ext HD. One 500GB on each 211 and 2 ext HD on my 722K. 1-500GB and 1-1TB. Couldn't live without them. I NEVER watch live tv with comercials.

Three things that I especially use my 1.5TB EHD for that which I really appreciate. 1. Recording entire seasons of shows that lend them selves to immediate back to back to back watching (Like 24), 2. saving concerts that require sharing and re-watching (like the ending song for the Winter Olympics), 3. Sporting events that really only need FFing to the really interesting parts (NASCAR, Boxing, etc). Dish should love people with multiple EHD's because it makes switching to another provider a real PAIN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)