Do you Have an EHD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's what I thought. I've been on here for quite a while and if there's one thing I've learned it's not to believe everything the reps say over the phone. But still, she was so positive about it.

So long as both DVRs are on the same account.

To be charitable, it is possible the rep was thinking of earlier problems with the ViP922 and EHDs.

Just thought I would post an update.
I bought this one for 79.99 free ship, no tax when it was on special at newegg.

Newegg.com - Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN

so far it works perfect. sleeps and wakes automatically. one HD movie about 4.5 GB takes about 20 minutes to transfer. I suspect that would improve maybe if USB 3.0 was an option but it's not. It really isn't bad though.

I like how you can just play it right off the EHD with no issues at all.

very slick

thanks for the info guys

One thing is I wish dish had the USB port in the back of the unit so the install looked cleaner.

One thing is I wish dish had the USB port in the back of the unit so the install looked cleaner.
There is a USB port in the back. If you're already using it for a Sling adapter or something else, look for a powered USB hub. Works great for me, I can run both devices off the back port and the wife is happy there isn't a wire sticking out the front...

Just thought I would post an update.
I bought this one for 79.99 free ship, no tax when it was on special at newegg.

Newegg.com - Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAF0020HBK-NESN

so far it works perfect. sleeps and wakes automatically. one HD movie about 4.5 GB takes about 20 minutes to transfer. I suspect that would improve maybe if USB 3.0 was an option but it's not. It really isn't bad though.

I like how you can just play it right off the EHD with no issues at all.

very slick

thanks for the info guys

20 minutes seems like a very long time to me. I have an Element version from WD. Does anybody else think 20 minutes is about twice as long and normal?

20 minutes seems like a very long time to me. I have an Element version from WD. Does anybody else think 20 minutes is about twice as long and normal?

That's what it says most times on the screen. It usually says 18-20 min for 4.5 GB HD movie. I have not actually timed it, it could be faster. Next time I move one I will get my stopwatch out and get and actual time.

There is a USB port in the back. If you're already using it for a Sling adapter or something else, look for a powered USB hub. Works great for me, I can run both devices off the back port and the wife is happy there isn't a wire sticking out the front...

oh boy, I just looked up a diagram and sure enough there is a USB right there on the back, LOL

I was under the weather when I put it in and must not have been paying real close attention even thought I was.

Last edited:
I suspect that would improve maybe if USB 3.0 was an option but it's not.
I bet your wrong. While the copying is taking place, the stream must also be encrypted so going a whole lot faster isn't going to be possible regardless of the interface technology.

Just start it and forget about it.

Kinda reminds me of posts that think an eSATA interface will do great things for Dish receivers. Naw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts