Do you have microstutters?

I wish one of you guys would tell why some of us never see the dreaded MS? We are would assume are all at the same release point.

Is it really something that is clear on the CNN banner and not in the picture?

Either way I'm glad that there is a "supposed" fix on it's way- so that we can all get started arguing over if Voom will offer the new "Fat White Guys with Back Hair Channel"

Seawaves said:
I wish one of you guys would tell why some of us never see the dreaded MS? We are would assume are all at the same release point.

Either way I'm glad that there is a "supposed" fix on it's way- so that we can all get started arguing over if Voom will offer the new "Fat White Guys with Back Hair Channel"

Some see it, some don't, for whatever reason. Some people don't see the chroma bug, some do, etc. etc. etc.

It IS there, it IS easily visible using e.g. the CNN ticker as reference, it IS visible on ALL channels, incl. OTA, I HAS been confirmed by Voom/Wilt, and it will hopefully be fixed for ALL of us (incl. those who don't see it).

Seawaves said:

Ive been told that only videophiles can see it.:D

vurbano said:
I dont have to worry about keeping it alive Scooby, the poll lasts 60 days.

The result is already clear, we know it's there, and in 60 days it's hopefully fixed anyway (actually 1-2 weeks). So what's the point? Do you still believe that the majority does not see it?

Vurbano,
You sure are trying your darndest to get to 1000 posts aren't you? What has happened over the past few days? You used to be a "voom cheerleader" and now your tone seems to have changed. What's really going on?

Actually, I seem to be suffering from MACROstutters. Sometimes (e.g., yesterday during Gods & Generals) when watching HBOHDW, I noticed an extremely "jerky" picture, like something was seriously wrong with the film. I switched to SD HBO and the problem did not exist there. When I switched back to HBOHDW, the problem was still there. Only about an hour later, when I watched HBOHDW again, did the problem seem to be gone. Anyone else have a "macrostutter" problem or are you going to claim I'm seeing things? :)

rvaidyan said:
Actually, I seem to be suffering from MACROstutters. Sometimes (e.g., yesterday during Gods & Generals) when watching HBOHDW, I noticed an extremely "jerky" picture, like something was seriously wrong with the film. I switched to SD HBO and the problem did not exist there. When I switched back to HBOHDW, the problem was still there. Only about an hour later, when I watched HBOHDW again, did the problem seem to be gone. Anyone else have a "macrostutter" problem or are you going to claim I'm seeing things? :)

I have some short video/audio drop outs today on HBOHD.

Seems like they are working on something.

Bikini Destinations suffers from this big time on HDNET. As awesome as that channel looks, this one show has what looks like frame skips all throughout the slo-mo sequences (which is half the show). It looks like a time-compressed show it has so many frame skips.

I don't see this, but I am experience "black screen" randomly when watching on some channels. I notice it more on the premium channels. I don't think this is the same as micro shutters.

rvaidyan said:
Actually, I seem to be suffering from MACROstutters. Sometimes (e.g., yesterday during Gods & Generals) when watching HBOHDW, I noticed an extremely "jerky" picture, like something was seriously wrong with the film.
You aren't seeing things, Gods & Generals on HBOHDW was horrible. At times it was slow motion and then some skipped frames, tough to watch.

You know after being a member of this site I read many threads about microstutters and I had never seen them or it . I got the Vavavoom package for a month to check it out and I have seen nothing but microstutters on all of the HD Movie channels, any fast action scene and there they are . I will not be keeping the vavavoom package , its not worth it until they fix it and theres a DVR.

Ilya said:
To make this a clean experiment, there is one more test that needs to be done. Any volunteers?

I'd like to make sure that the stutter problem is present on VOOM only, but I can't do this myself: VOOM is my only TV source now. So, if you have another provider, try switching between CNN on VOOM and CNN on your cable/D*/E* see if you can reliably verify that the problem is present only on VOOM. Before you do this, make sure to train your eye on CNN's ticker, and make sure that you can see a frame drop every 33 seconds or so. After that switch TV input to your other provider.

Thank you!

I had VOOM for awhile, but now I have Dish with the 811 and I've seen this problem on both STB's. :(

LOBO2999 said:
You know after being a member of this site I read many threads about microstutters and I had never seen them or it . I got the Vavavoom package for a month to check it out and I have seen nothing but microstutters on all of the HD Movie channels, any fast action scene and there they are . I will not be keeping the vavavoom package , its not worth it until they fix it and theres a DVR.
LOBO, you may not be seeing microstutters since they exist on every single channel to include OTA channels. Every 31 seconds or so, the image skips back one frame, repeats the same frame, then jumps to live. It looks like a quick skip back, very noticeable, but some people cannot detect an anomaly in 3 frames. I see it, but I use a PVR recording to go frame by frame to see exactly what was going on and the above is what I found.