Do you have the latest HD User Interface?

HDGUI on your Receivers/DVRs?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey guys, woke up this morning looks like national roll out hit michigan, as the two tv's I did not do CE with have the new UI this morning :)

Sorry, I see this was posted a few hours ago

For me: Effective Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011 just after 3:30 a.m. ET.
DMA: Detroit, Michigan

I have two HD DVR receivers and the rest are HD receivers. One I have is five years old -- before the lease-only kicked in March 2006 -- and it didn't get the download. (It's an H20.) The HD DVR receivers take longer to get the update.

A different look is nice.
The H20's will not be getting the new software update.

For me: Effective Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011 just after 3:30 a.m. ET.
DMA: Detroit, Michigan

I have two HD DVR receivers and the rest are HD receivers. One I have is five years old -- before the lease-only kicked in March 2006 -- and it didn't get the download. (It's an H20.) The HD DVR receivers take longer to get the update.

A different look is nice.
The H20 are NOT getting the HDGUI. As I understand it, DirecTV will exchange the H20 for a higher model number, if you insist.

0x576 is an old NR. It won't stream anymore. Doing a force/pull during most hours would have you going back to the SDGUI NR.

To get the current HDGUI NR, 0x57B/457B, you need to force/pull it when it is in stream. Which for you, would probably be 3:30 AM EST to about 7 AM EST.

Your GUESSING here, you have NO IDEA what software they MAY stream at the suggested time ... :rolleyes:
That what probably means. BTW, it was.

The firmware site won't tell you WHEN a particular software will be active, only what is CURRENTLY active ...

So you can't look now and see that a particular software will be in the stream tonight to plan for it, doesn't work that way.

That is true, but if you look at it for a couple days, you'll see about what timeframe it will be in. Then you can plan on it, just as I did. It had been showing up as available from 5AM-6AM CST for a fair bit of time and while the start and end times that it was available, that hour was more often than not part of it. So you could plan realizing that sometimes the timing may not work.

Not a 100% solution, but more than good enough. Or you can just ignore it and wait or the NR to crawl to your DMA... :)

I have a relative in the Denver, Colorado market. Does anyone know when that area is expecting the update?

I just received an email from D* announcing the new HD GUI. First official announcement I've received.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The firmware site won't tell you WHEN a particular software will be active, only what is CURRENTLY active ...

So you can't look now and see that a particular software will be in the stream tonight to plan for it, doesn't work that way.

Exactly.. and you can get that info here to, just not in that particular format. Thats all.

The H20 are NOT getting the HDGUI. As I understand it, DirecTV will exchange the H20 for a higher model number, if you insist.

Again, thanks to you and Jimbo. And, though I haven't been reading too many postings on this thread or others related to the new On Screen Guide, thanks for all others who may have mentioned that the H20 could not receive the upgrade.

I contacted DirecTV and was told that, while I am eligible for a swipe for a newer receiver, it would indeed trigger another two-year contract. I declined the offer.

Again, thanks to you and Jimbo. And, though I haven't been reading too many postings on this thread or others related to the new On Screen Guide, thanks for all others who may have mentioned that the H20 could not receive the upgrade.

I contacted DirecTV and was told that, while I am eligible for a swipe for a newer receiver, it would indeed trigger another two-year contract. I declined the offer.
It shouldn't. Because H20 is also useless for 3D. And let you pay the same as any other H2x.

While they may offer to upgrade the H20, they will probably also require a 2 year commitment, it would not surprise me at all.

That was the case when I called today.

I anticipated that an additional two-year contract would be required. But I was hoping otherwise.

(The customer service rep did use terminology about swap/swipe.)

I recently got a H24 to add to my HR24,HR23,HR22,& H25. Naturally it had the blue GUI,but this morning I was able to force download the HD national release,which was a pleasant surprise. It's all moot now because I'm going to DL the latest CE & have my receivers all on the same sheet of music.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)