Do you have the latest HD User Interface?

HDGUI on your Receivers/DVRs?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My HR24s run the new Guide smoother and faster than the old one.:)
it has been the opposite for me. my HR24 actually has some lag at times that it never had with the old GUI. especially when i hit the list button i'll have to wait 3-4 seconds which when you count it is a long time. but maybe as the software for the new UI matures,these issues will be resolved. still, i love the new UI.

Suffering from the old age can't sleep crap, I checked 2 of my HR24s this AM, about 5:30AM - no joy. So I forced the download and 0x57B which is the newest.

For those impatient ones, here's a link to a site to tell you when the various versions are in the stream. Note all times are Pacific Standard time.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

If the version you are looking for is in the stream, it should download with no problems. It did for me. One note that I've been reading about is that sometimes the cache clears with this software (most of the time), and sometimes the cache won't start refilling very quickly or at all. If that happens, just reset 2 times within 30 minutes and it will clear all the cache and start refilling it.

The HDGUI is basically nothing more than a nicer looking screen of all the stuff you are used to in a slightly different format. The high contrast and better formed characters make it easier to read from across the screen, but I never thought that it was difficult to begin with. On my HR24s, since they were just updated and are refilling the cache, I don't really notice much of a speed difference and frankly didn't expect much of one as the HR24s aren't the pigs that the previous HRs are with the older software.

I didn't see any speed difference on my HR24s either but that was expected. The new software helps with the old receivers but not the new ones. I still like it very much, it's a cleaner screen and the darker colors make it easier on my eyes. :)

Unfortunately, when I looked at the firmware a few minutes ago, the new gui was not on ANY of them at the moment, so that definitely answered my question about it being the NR now, as it clearly is not.

Sorry for the cross post...

And forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this...

I'm on the latest CE 058D...if I wanted to try and get the 0576 would I have to go back to the original firmware and try and grab it?...or would it grab it anyway without going back to 04D1?

Thanks...
0x576 is an old NR. It won't stream anymore. Doing a force/pull during most hours would have you going back to the SDGUI NR.

To get the current HDGUI NR, 0x57B/457B, you need to force/pull it when it is in stream. Which for you, would probably be 3:30 AM EST to about 7 AM EST.

0x576 is an old NR. It won't stream anymore. Doing a force/pull during most hours would have you going back to the SDGUI NR.

To get the current HDGUI NR, 0x57B/457B, you need to force/pull it when it is in stream. Which for you, would probably be 3:30 AM EST to about 7 AM EST.

Thanks...much appreciated...

057B is rollin out hot and heavy now. Hopefully everyone will have the HD UI soon.

Jason when is this going to be rolled out and is it automatic like an overnight or will we have to do it? ty for help and appreciate it

For me: Effective Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011 just after 3:30 a.m. ET.
DMA: Detroit, Michigan

I have two HD DVR receivers and the rest are HD receivers. One I have is five years old -- before the lease-only kicked in March 2006 -- and it didn't get the download. (It's an H20.) The HD DVR receivers take longer to get the update.

A different look is nice.

Last edited:
that firmware watcher thing is nothing to plan a D/L by, that's for sure. its only mildly informative.

From reports I've read it is right much more than wrong. I used it and got mine 57B this morning.

The firmware site won't tell you WHEN a particular software will be active, only what is CURRENTLY active ...

So you can't look now and see that a particular software will be in the stream tonight to plan for it, doesn't work that way.

Your GUESSING here, you have NO IDEA what software they MAY stream at the suggested time ... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)