Do you have the latest HD User Interface?

HDGUI on your Receivers/DVRs?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
A friend who did a d/l last night has a different version. I have 0x57b, he has 0x58d. They appear similar with two exceptions. Mine has the channel logo and his has the channel letters. Also, he has a power saving mode and I don't. We both have them on hr24-200.

What other differences is their between the different versions?

Last edited:
A friend who did a d/l last night has a different version. I have 0x57b, he has 0x58d. They appear similar with two exceptions. Mine has the channel logo and his has the channel letters. Also, he has a power saving mode and I don't. We both have them on hr24-200.

What other differences is their between the different versions?
0x057B/457B is the NR. 0x057D/457D is a risking firmware that is still being tested. It has several issues. The 0x057B/457B might be back in the stream some time after midnight PST.

the NR F/W should be the one in the stream right now. What VoD issues to be specific? I have been D/L and watching VoD throughout the NFL games today with any issues.

There been several reports of during a VoD DL and looking at the PlayList, a lockup occurs.

I've been too busy today, to try to dupe on my HR2x.

OK Guys,
Anyone that hasn't had the new HD Gui, the Software Jason was talking about last night, is in the stream this morning ....

Can anyone verify if it was released as a NR last night , meaning everyone has it now ?

There are a good number of recvrs with it listed as the current software in the stream, however not ALL, so if you don't have it, hang tight or you should be able to force it if you want.

The new HD Guide (057B) automatically downloaded to my three DVRs yesterday morning. I love it. Once you get used to the different look of the Guide, you realize how much better and faster it is.

Last edited:
Suffering from the old age can't sleep crap, I checked 2 of my HR24s this AM, about 5:30AM - no joy. So I forced the download and 0x57B which is the newest.

For those impatient ones, here's a link to a site to tell you when the various versions are in the stream. Note all times are Pacific Standard time.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

If the version you are looking for is in the stream, it should download with no problems. It did for me. One note that I've been reading about is that sometimes the cache clears with this software (most of the time), and sometimes the cache won't start refilling very quickly or at all. If that happens, just reset 2 times within 30 minutes and it will clear all the cache and start refilling it.

The HDGUI is basically nothing more than a nicer looking screen of all the stuff you are used to in a slightly different format. The high contrast and better formed characters make it easier to read from across the screen, but I never thought that it was difficult to begin with. On my HR24s, since they were just updated and are refilling the cache, I don't really notice much of a speed difference and frankly didn't expect much of one as the HR24s aren't the pigs that the previous HRs are with the older software.

Suffering from the old age can't sleep crap, I checked 2 of my HR24s this AM, about 5:30AM - no joy. So I forced the download and 0x57B which is the newest.

For those impatient ones, here's a link to a site to tell you when the various versions are in the stream. Note all times are Pacific Standard time.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

If the version you are looking for is in the stream, it should download with no problems. It did for me. One note that I've been reading about is that sometimes the cache clears with this software (most of the time), and sometimes the cache won't start refilling very quickly or at all. If that happens, just reset 2 times within 30 minutes and it will clear all the cache and start refilling it.

The HDGUI is basically nothing more than a nicer looking screen of all the stuff you are used to in a slightly different format. The high contrast and better formed characters make it easier to read from across the screen, but I never thought that it was difficult to begin with. On my HR24s, since they were just updated and are refilling the cache, I don't really notice much of a speed difference and frankly didn't expect much of one as the HR24s aren't the pigs that the previous HRs are with the older software.

My HR24s run the new Guide smoother and faster than the old one.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)