Do you have the latest HD User Interface?

HDGUI on your Receivers/DVRs?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's an updated roll out schedule from DTV:

"The revised December rollout schedule is below. Please note that some of the markets and dates have changed from earlier communications. We will communicate any further changes as necessary.

DMA
SWDL date
ATLANTA GA
12/6/2011​

CHAMPAIGN-SPRINGFIELD-DECATUR IL
12/6/2011​
YES
MIAMI-FORT LAUDERDALE FL
12/7/2011​

CLEVELAND OH
12/7/2011​

DETROIT MI
12/8/2011​

NASHVILLE TN
12/8/2011​

SALT LAKE CITY UT
12/13/2011​

CHARLOTTE NC
12/13/2011​

BOSTON MA
12/13/2011​

PORTLAND OR
12/13/2011​

SAN DIEGO CA
12/13/2011​

ST LOUIS MO
12/14/2011​

ORLANDO-DAYTONA FL
12/14/2011

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC-ASHEVILLE NC
12/14/2011

CINCINNATI OH
12/15/2011​

RALEIGH-DURHAM NC
12/15/2011​

SAN FRANCISCO-OAKLAND-
SAN JOSE CA
12/20/2011​

SACRAMENTO-STOCKTON-MODESTO CA
12/20/2011​

SEATTLE-TACOMA WA .
12/21/2011​

"

No offense, but that wasn't helpful at all. I've read those threads. I've seen countless posts saying 11pm-230am EST. I tried up until 1130pm (as you noted in one of your links above) to get it to work and nothing. So I asked the person, in the same time zone as me, "What time" to find out what time he was able to get the D/L, as noted by my quote of his post, not what time the D/L was supposed to be available.

I'm wondering if I need to have the IAMANEDGECUTTER code entered again or something .... it's been in there, I still have the menu, and I've gotten a D/L before. For some reason it's not taking now, even within the times listed at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ion-forum/273470-h2x-hr2x-weekend-12-9-a.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...i-will-try-ce-tonight-what-2.html#post2719595

No offense, but that wasn't helpful at all. I've read those threads. I've seen countless posts saying 11pm-230am EST. I tried up until 1130pm (as you noted in one of your links above) to get it to work and nothing. So I asked the person, in the same time zone as me, "What time" to find out what time he was able to get the D/L, as noted by my quote of his post, not what time the D/L was supposed to be available.

I'm wondering if I need to have the IAMANEDGECUTTER code entered again or something .... it's been in there, I still have the menu, and I've gotten a D/L before. For some reason it's not taking now, even within the times listed at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ion-forum/273470-h2x-hr2x-weekend-12-9-a.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...i-will-try-ce-tonight-what-2.html#post2719595

You replied to a post that claimed a user got the D/L last night and all your post asked was what time? So you got where you could find out what time windows the D/L's are available.

The CE D/L is available FRI & SAT nights (unless noted) and between 11pm and 2:30am ET. The main thread I listed has most of the details and how to's when read all the way through.

Here is the other: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...2-directv-cutting-edge-program-terms-faq.html

Maybe you should be more specific as to what exactly you were wanting instead of "what time"? The D/L is out there at those times; if you can't get it I would assume like almost all the others that have had the same issue before you, it was user application of the technique.

Last edited:
No offense, but that wasn't helpful at all. I've read those threads. I've seen countless posts saying 11pm-230am EST. I tried up until 1130pm (as you noted in one of your links above) to get it to work and nothing. . . . .
At this time there are several NR software version in the stream at different times and different days.

The SDGUI is in stream most hours of every day. For the last few weeks there been several Maintenance SDGUI scatter through out the day. The new NR HDGUI is in stream when most are asleep for only about three hours. The CE HDGUI are schedule to be in stream on Friday and Saturday from 11:00 PM to 2:30 AM EST. Most CEs are Moderate to High-Risk with about a quarter being Customer Candidates.

PLEASE NOTE - Start Times are not set in stone. These streams seem to start manually and by individual model. So you would need to check Firmware Watcher to verify what you want is in stream.

Last edited:
My common sense thinking is if a user can't get the CE during known D/L windows of opportunity (which is what was being discussed); getting anything via the crap shoot methodology with the assistance of Firmware Watcher would lead them to pull out the eye lids in frustration. Most of these user having issues would be better served just waiting on the ACTUAL OFFICIAL AUTOMATIC national roll out of the new firmware as they are not helping with ANY CE trouble shooting or testing and in many cases don't know what they are doing or how they are putting their hardware at risk. They aren't even taking the time to read the stickied how to's or searching for any relevant info.

Easiest thing to do if you want the HD GUI sooner than waiting for the automatic download is to grab the ce at the times specified by charper. And to make sure it's in the stream for your specific model dvr you should stay in the CE forum for the updates. It's not always available for every model dvr at 11pm eastern sharp. At times it's been late up to half an hour.

Last edited:
My common sense thinking is if a user can't get the CE during known D/L windows of opportunity (which is what was being discussed); getting anything via the crap shoot methodology with the assistance of Firmware Watcher would lead them to pull out the eye lids in frustration. Most of these user having issues would be better served just waiting on the ACTUAL OFFICIAL AUTOMATIC national roll out of the new firmware as they are not helping with ANY CE trouble shooting or testing and in many cases don't know what they are doing or how they are putting their hardware at risk. They aren't even taking the time to read the stickied how to's or searching for any relevant info.

sbskzk.jpg
That's why I'm ok with waiting for the auto-update in Dallas (HR22). I'm a novice with the forced-download part and unless I'm troubleshooting for an issue, I prefer to wait for what's coming.

sbskzk.jpg
That's why I'm ok with waiting for the auto-update in Dallas (HR22). I'm a novice with the forced-download part and unless I'm troubleshooting for an issue, I prefer to wait for what's coming.
You're right. if you're patient This is the easiest thing you can do.

Easiest thing to do if you want the HD GUI sooner than waiting for the automatic download is to grab the ce at the times specified by charper. And to make sure it's in the stream for your specific model dvr you should stay in the CE forum for the updates. It's not always available for every model dvr at 11pm eastern sharp. At times it's been late up to half an hour.
That's helpful, thanks for pointing that out. If I wasn't ready for bed at that point, I guess I could have stayed up. After a couple attempts over half an hour, I realized it wasn't that big of a deal. May try again next weekend or just wait for the rollout. Just hoping it fixes the lag in the system as it's reported to do. If it was just aesthetics I wouldn't be as curious.

You replied to a post that claimed a user got the D/L last night and all your post asked was what time? So you got where you could find out what time windows the D/L's are available.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I asked a specific poster about a specific comment with a specific question (maybe I could have added "did you download" to my question). Had I just posted my question without quoting the OP I could see where simply posting links to other threads would be helpful. I'm know hearing the same old questions all the time gets tiring, but as I said I have read the threads here for info rather than just ask questions that are already covered. Thanks anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts