Do You Have To Send Back The Remote ?

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I am getting a new 211 by mail and will have to mail back my 811 receiver to Dish. I was wondering are you required to mail back just the receiver or the remote control, too ? I notice that the remotes appear to be the same for the 211 and 811 and was wondering if you can keep your current remote as a spare ? Does Dish require you to mail back the remote with the receiver ?

Call the returns department and ask. When I upgraded to a new 942, they said only return the receiver. You can always say, "Oops, I forgot to include the remote." and mail it to them separately if they hit you with a charge.

Honestly, I would have thought they wanted the remote back myself, but when I asked they said that it is not worth the time to refurbish (clean) them up and repackage them. I am sure if your remote is in good shape they would re-use it, but I bet most just get thrown away. You could always sell it or keep it for a spare.

That being said, I would err on the safe side and return it. If they do throw them away I am sure the get processed correctly so nothing harmful goes to the landfill.

When I returned a couple of 301s, they did not instruct to send the remotes...so I didn't. I read that it is a health issue and not worth it to them to try to recycle.

Lucky said:
I am getting a new 211 by mail and will have to mail back my 811 receiver to Dish. I was wondering are you required to mail back just the receiver or the remote control, too ? I notice that the remotes appear to be the same for the 211 and 811 and was wondering if you can keep your current remote as a spare ? Does Dish require you to mail back the remote with the receiver ?
After a few months with a 322, I found out I should have been told about the 522 so I whined and cried and wrote emails to Dish and finally got them to upgrade one of my 322s to a 522 at a reasonable (?) price. The installer came out (why couldn't I do it myself?) and I asked him if I had to return the 322 remotes. He said "yes". When he boxed up the old 322 I conveniently left the UHF remote under a blanket and he left without it. That was about a year ago. Now I have an extra 322 UHF remote so I can change channels for an additional TV connected to the 322 Port 2 (2 TVs in 2 rooms connected to port 2).

John

My 211 box had a instruction sheet on how to pack the old reciever, etc... didnt mention anything about remote, manual, cables, etc.... just packing up the old reciever....

I've returned a few boxes over the years and they have NEVER mentioned the manual. I've never been charged for failing to include it as well......

I have sent back the remotes though.

It's only the receiver and remote and LNB. No manual, no cables, no dish. So now why is this thread already 2 pages? ;)

BFG said:
So now why is this thread already 2 pages? ;)
Because you need to goto your user options and adjust the number of posts per page since this is only post # 18.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)