Do You Have To Send Back The Remote ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I am getting a new 211 by mail and will have to mail back my 811 receiver to Dish. I was wondering are you required to mail back just the receiver or the remote control, too ? I notice that the remotes appear to be the same for the 211 and 811 and was wondering if you can keep your current remote as a spare ? Does Dish require you to mail back the remote with the receiver ?

Call the returns department and ask. When I upgraded to a new 942, they said only return the receiver. You can always say, "Oops, I forgot to include the remote." and mail it to them separately if they hit you with a charge.

Honestly, I would have thought they wanted the remote back myself, but when I asked they said that it is not worth the time to refurbish (clean) them up and repackage them. I am sure if your remote is in good shape they would re-use it, but I bet most just get thrown away. You could always sell it or keep it for a spare.

That being said, I would err on the safe side and return it. If they do throw them away I am sure the get processed correctly so nothing harmful goes to the landfill.

When I returned a couple of 301s, they did not instruct to send the remotes...so I didn't. I read that it is a health issue and not worth it to them to try to recycle.

Lucky said:
I am getting a new 211 by mail and will have to mail back my 811 receiver to Dish. I was wondering are you required to mail back just the receiver or the remote control, too ? I notice that the remotes appear to be the same for the 211 and 811 and was wondering if you can keep your current remote as a spare ? Does Dish require you to mail back the remote with the receiver ?
After a few months with a 322, I found out I should have been told about the 522 so I whined and cried and wrote emails to Dish and finally got them to upgrade one of my 322s to a 522 at a reasonable (?) price. The installer came out (why couldn't I do it myself?) and I asked him if I had to return the 322 remotes. He said "yes". When he boxed up the old 322 I conveniently left the UHF remote under a blanket and he left without it. That was about a year ago. Now I have an extra 322 UHF remote so I can change channels for an additional TV connected to the 322 Port 2 (2 TVs in 2 rooms connected to port 2).

John

My 211 box had a instruction sheet on how to pack the old reciever, etc... didnt mention anything about remote, manual, cables, etc.... just packing up the old reciever....

I've returned a few boxes over the years and they have NEVER mentioned the manual. I've never been charged for failing to include it as well......

I have sent back the remotes though.

It's only the receiver and remote and LNB. No manual, no cables, no dish. So now why is this thread already 2 pages? ;)

BFG said:
So now why is this thread already 2 pages? ;)
Because you need to goto your user options and adjust the number of posts per page since this is only post # 18.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts