Do you leave the pole?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Do you guys that do a lot of dish hunting take the pole down for the previous owner? If so, what is the best way? I saw a guy pulling one out with a backhoe that I installed back in 92. I know that it didnt come out without a fight! But I was taught to really taper it down wide at the bottom of the hole.

I have taken down several dishes, and only had to dig one out, and it was just a Primestar pole, so wasn't too bad.

It depends on what the owner wants. I usually offer to saw it off an inch or so above the ground if the owner wants that done. Some do, some don't. I usually tell the owner of a BUD that I won't dig it out. If he wants to get rid of the dish, he accept that. Unless it was a Birdview, then I might dig up his whole back yard. :D

I use a sawz-all with a metal cutting blade in it. Works pretty good.

Fred

I ask, it's the least I can do, if they're giving it to me. Of course it's something I don't want to do, but I will. I've had 4 BUD's given to me, and 3 were already down, they just wanted me to take them away. One of those, the guy said he couldn't pick it up/out, so he dug away from it and pushed it over and buried it. The other 2, I got one of them and the other pole is being used as a multiple flower holder. The other BUD, I took it down and I dug up the pole and busted the concrete loose and hope to use it some day?

Al

I dig around the pole and loosen it up, break up the concrete, and pull like crazy. Or the better method that a buddy showed helped me with - dig around the concrete a bit too loosen it up, back against the post with a metal bumper of a truck to REALLY loosen things up, then hoist the pole out using an engine hoist (that was the easiest pole I ever pulled out)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts