Do you mind paying $10 more?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcsj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
... if a NTSC tuner (not ATSC) is integrated into the receiver? I don't.

Why would I want that? Of course my TV set can handle NTSC channels, but just for the convinence (change between NTSC and D* channels without controlling both the TV and the receiver).

Well, you might ask, why you don't want to get local channels from D*?

First of all, I am not planning to get that 33-inch dish for my local channels (ie, I still don't have local channels yet). But that's not important.

The most important thing is, from my experience last night (Tornado/Storm in my area), whenever I need weather information the most, satellite reception is the worst -- I got no (none, nada!) signal from all 3 sats. This tells me that, if my antenna works, I shouldn't get local channels from satellite at all!

BTW, the cost of a NTSC tuner is less than $10.

I agree, mostly for us folks that CAN'T even get LIL. THIS was one of THE best features that E* had on it's 5000 receiver. I have several customer that STILL like it, whether they are getting their locals via antenna or limited basic cable. (we've only had locals from E* for the past few months) I also liked the feature where you could loop-thru another A/V device & switch to it by pressing 0 - too bad they didn't also give you an S-Video input as well.

Unfortunately, D* never made any non-HD receivers with this feature...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts