Do you need mpg4 in NY?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frny

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I am in the NY market and am looking to switch to HD- I am trying to decide if I should wait for the HR20 or jump on the HR10 offers.
I assume that being in NY, I do not need mpg4 for the locals as they are already in mpg2 (am I right?) - what about the RSNs ? Any plans from dtv to switch the NY locals to mpg4?

Thanks

What H10 offers are better than the h20 deals people have been getting? If you want a Tivo unit that badly, then fine, otherwise, you can get as good an offer if you keep pestering CSRS for the new dvr.

There are already part time mpeg 4 rsns in new york I believe.

local channels in both mpeg 2 and mpeg 4: abc, cbs, nbc, fox, yes (yankees, nets)

regional sports networks in mpeg 4 only: sportsnet ny (mets)

wow - thanks for the quick reply. My only reason to go with the HR10 is that I would not need to get a new dish (new switch?) - but if I can get the same deal for an HR20 then no reason not too.

talbain said:
local channels in both mpeg 2 and mpeg 4: abc, cbs, nbc, fox, yes (yankees, nets)

regional sports networks in mpeg 4 only: sportsnet ny (mets)

There ARE games on YES that ONLY show on channel 96 (MPEG4). These would be the games that are on at 1pm or 4pm on Saturday that are NOT being shown on FOX. Also, if there begin to be some college football games on the RSNs some may be put on channel 95, and thus YES will only be in MPEG4 on channel 96. I imagine this will be similar for Nets games also - ALL on channel 96, SOME on channel 95.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)