Do you need perfect credit to upgrade to 622

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Last time I tried to upgrade to a 811 back a couple years ago they would not because of my business bankrupcy on my credit report. I was pissed as I have been a customer of Dish for over 10 years. I ended up buying my 921 from Costco.

Question, Since the 622 is a lease and I am paying 299.00 up front. Do they still require perfect credit?

I think you have to authorize them to conduct a credit check, or the at least have to tell you they are going to conduct one. There was no mention of one when I ordered my 622 (which I now have working). I also have a credit monitoring service that emails me whenever my credit report is inquireed -and I have had not hits in the 30+ days since I placed the order.

I don't think they do it.

Speaking of credit reports - I highly recommend a monitoring service, it's a small fee ($8-$15 month) for a lot of peace of mind. Some banks have a partnership with the credit bureaus and can get you a discounted rate, around $8 a month, while the services usually cost $12-$15 a month if you purchase them outright. MS Money software usually comes with a free year of credit monitoring - so if you upgrade the sofware every year, you get a free year's worth of service.

LER said:
they did mine without, and I had a BK 3 years ago. HOWEVER, I've also been a high $ customer since 1999.

LER

<<I've also been a high $ customer since 1999.>>

So that's why you Bankrupt! JK:)

Err, no. It was LOTS of reasons, but the $100/mo to dish wasn't it. :)

I'm glad to be back to AEP/HDPlatinum from a visit to AT180 for a bit.

LER

i would like to know if i hooked up a 211/411 to a regular non hd tv would the sd channels work. am planning on getting another hdtv soon. in the mean time would like to use the old tv. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)