Do you need perfect credit to upgrade to 622

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Last time I tried to upgrade to a 811 back a couple years ago they would not because of my business bankrupcy on my credit report. I was pissed as I have been a customer of Dish for over 10 years. I ended up buying my 921 from Costco.

Question, Since the 622 is a lease and I am paying 299.00 up front. Do they still require perfect credit?

I think you have to authorize them to conduct a credit check, or the at least have to tell you they are going to conduct one. There was no mention of one when I ordered my 622 (which I now have working). I also have a credit monitoring service that emails me whenever my credit report is inquireed -and I have had not hits in the 30+ days since I placed the order.

I don't think they do it.

Speaking of credit reports - I highly recommend a monitoring service, it's a small fee ($8-$15 month) for a lot of peace of mind. Some banks have a partnership with the credit bureaus and can get you a discounted rate, around $8 a month, while the services usually cost $12-$15 a month if you purchase them outright. MS Money software usually comes with a free year of credit monitoring - so if you upgrade the sofware every year, you get a free year's worth of service.

LER said:
they did mine without, and I had a BK 3 years ago. HOWEVER, I've also been a high $ customer since 1999.

LER

<<I've also been a high $ customer since 1999.>>

So that's why you Bankrupt! JK:)

Err, no. It was LOTS of reasons, but the $100/mo to dish wasn't it. :)

I'm glad to be back to AEP/HDPlatinum from a visit to AT180 for a bit.

LER

i would like to know if i hooked up a 211/411 to a regular non hd tv would the sd channels work. am planning on getting another hdtv soon. in the mean time would like to use the old tv. thanks