Do you remembered that day the Berlin wall can down on C and Ku back in 1989?

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Didn't realize 30 years passed by river of time.:)

And I am wondering how many of you picked up the raw feeds that Nov, 8 or 9th, at that time.

For me just using my dad's 10 footer C band dish with the Motor going far east as 72W*.

And of course we didn't have PAL or SECAM video converter to NTSC at that time and you have to use TV' V hold to stop the 625i 50 Hz rolling BW pictures.:eeek

Tell me your blast from the past!!:clapping

Ah, the good old days!:bow

That make you be young again...:hatsoff

Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
I lived ~80km north of Berlin 1989-1993. Experienced fall of the wall and all consequences by myself. Been visiting Berlin some time before fall and afterwards. That was interesting time.

I remember watching the wall come down... but we only had a handful of OTA channels to choose from.

You folks with the big dishes were the 'rich' people in my neck of the woods. ;)

Not the wildfeeds, but we had gotten a Sky satellite dish a couple of months earlier. They had only been on the air a few months and were among the first on the 16-channel Astra 1A satellite. Just before the wall came down four German TV stations began using it, so sitting in the UK we could watch live German TV. I think the channels were RTL Plus, Sat 1, Pro 7 and 3sat.

Reactions: N5XZS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)