Do you use your credit card for online purchases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, numerous "reputable" (i.e., "well known") sites. Never had any issues (KoW!) but there's always that first time...

Yep, use it all the time. Sometimes from places that I've never heard of. That is the great thing about credit cards. If you have an issue, dispute the charge and you're almost always out $0. Worst case you are out $50 (by law). People that are paraniod about using a cc online make no sense to me.

For at least since 1997. I have had exactly two problems in that time, each one corrected by my banking establishment.

I had a card flagged recently, would't work one place, used another card, same thing at the next place. Called them when I got home and they asked about a certain online purchase. It was one that I did not make and they caught it and stopped my card until we got together on it. The purchase was only $20. Wife and I have both had couple incidents like this the card company has protected us always.

I use credit cards to do online purchasing regularly, have had a few problems but the card companies always came through. I use Paypal occasionally, linked to a credit card.

I dealing with a reputable company, like Amazon.com, I use a CC. If the company is unknown, then I use Paypal paid by a CC. I feel the extra security of Pay Pal in the middle is a good thing. The only thing I hate about Paypal is the spam and fisching e-mail, which is really not their fault.

Yep, use it all the time. Sometimes from places that I've never heard of. That is the great thing about credit cards. If you have an issue, dispute the charge and you're almost always out $0. Worst case you are out $50 (by law). People that are paraniod about using a cc online make no sense to me.

Yea, wait till you need to file a ligitiment dispute and see how much the credit card companies help you resolve it.

I should really just get a pre-paid card to use online, but I do use my credit card and don't have any issues.

Alot of people are still paranoid about it, and I just don't see why.

I dealing with a reputable company, like Amazon.com, I use a CC. If the company is unknown, then I use Paypal paid by a CC. I feel the extra security of Pay Pal in the middle is a good thing. The only thing I hate about Paypal is the spam and fisching e-mail, which is really not their fault.

Paypal sucks. They won't hardly try to help you at all.

I'm not sure I understand the "extra security" of Pay Pal? What does using paypal give you that using a regular credit card doesn't?

I use one-shot numbers.

My 3 cc companies allow me to 'make-up' one-use credit card numbers, good for as long as I say with a specific credit limit.

They won't work for recurring charges but are great for that one-time purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)