Doctor Who 2020

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lfp302

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 28, 2012
Colorado
New Season beginning.
First episode premiers tonight 8 pm EST BBC America.
Regular time slot continues on Sundays

Reactions: TheKrell
New season can't be worse than the last, though having the same writers and crew I'm sure they'll find a way.

I thought half the episodes were pretty decent. Do you remember the early Dr. Who? :eeek

I thought half the episodes were pretty decent. Do you remember the early Dr. Who? :eeek
Early Who was very hit or miss. It got solid in the Pertwee years though, but then got awful around the Colin Baker years and spotty again during McCoy (due to very bad writing).

Last season though, the bad episodes far outweighed the good ones. The writing and acting were just unbearable. The old guy was pretty much the only one I could stand, though his grandson was okayish at times.

The old guy was pretty much the only one I could stand, though his grandson was okayish at times.

I am rather fond of this lady:

mandip-gill-british-independent-film-awards-2018-6.jpg
dr who cast

Makes me glad I haven't watched the new season yet. From what I've heard, it's more of the same from last season, and I hated that season.

Never thought I'd miss the John Nathan Turner years.

Makes me glad I haven't watched the new season yet.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to slam episode 3, Orphan 55, which has got to be the most God-awful Dr. Who of all time. (But I haven't really watched that many episodes of Dr. Who so maybe there were some even more abysmal episodes.)

Orphan 55, it turns out, is a name for planet earth after global warming destroys all life except for a mutated "top predator". Dr. Who initially claims to know what planet Orphan 55 is, but then later escape through the Novosibirsk underground where she "discovers" that it's really an earth of the future.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to slam episode 3, Orphan 55, which has got to be the most God-awful Dr. Who of all time. (But I haven't really watched that many episodes of Dr. Who so maybe there were some even more abysmal episodes.)

Orphan 55, it turns out, is a name for planet earth after global warming destroys all life except for a mutated "top predator". Dr. Who initially claims to know what planet Orphan 55 is, but then later escape through the Novosibirsk underground where she "discovers" that it's really an earth of the future.
From your spoiler, it looks like they completely recycled the plot from the first episode of Colin Baker's Trial of a Time Lord, which itself was a bad episode.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I'm expecting a weekly scolding/lecture.

Yup. That was another very unwelcome part of the plotline of Orphan 55. And it's not science fiction when you claim global warming is going to create such a planet (which it won't). At worst we could trigger a runaway greenhouse which would sterilize it completely. And who would create a vacation resort in such a place? Ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)