Doctor Who 2020

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IMHO last night's episode was pretty good.

It included not 1 but 2 female Dr. Who's, neither of whom had the other in her memory.

Reactions: lfp302
IMHO last night's episode was pretty good.

It included not 1 but 2 female Dr. Who's, neither of whom had the other in her memory.
OMG, that means that there will be a second female Doctor in the future. One has been bad enough.

OMG, that means that there will be a second female Doctor in the future. One has been bad enough.

You just unpoiled my spoiler. :( And that is NOT what that means since the second female Doctor does not have any recollection of the first. How is that possible? It's a paradox which future episodes better resolve.

Not a spoiler if the episode had already aired.
I haven’t caught up yet, so I know not to click on a Spoiler tag until I see the episode in question. So I guess I need to ignore this thread until I get through the backlog.

Reactions: wormil
I haven’t caught up yet, so I know not to click on a Spoiler tag until I see the episode in question. So I guess I need to ignore this thread until I get through the backlog.

You would do well to skip Orphan 55.

Happy to see Captain Jack, but why did the writers keep him away from the Doctor?

My guess is that Moffett didn't like the character, and preferred using his own.

If Captain Jack is the character I think he is, he reappeared on last Sunday's episode.

BTW - could any of you Who viewers who have watched a lot of these shows over the years fill me in on Gallifrey? What happened to it? Why is it destroyed?

BTW - could any of you Who viewers who have watched a lot of these shows over the years fill me in on Gallifrey? What happened to it? Why is it destroyed?
It was "destroyed" in a war between the Time Lords & Daleks. The Time War, as it was called, occured off screen during the time between the show getting canceled after Sylvster McCoy in 1989 and before the Current show starting with Christopher Eccleston in 2005.

It was never said how it was destroyed, only that the Doctor destroyed it along with all the Daleks. It later turned out, during the 50th anniversary, that it was hidden away in a pocket universe, and then brought back during Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor's second season finale.

Reactions: TheKrell
It was "destroyed" in a war between the Time Lords & Daleks. The Time War, as it was called, occured off screen during the time between the show getting canceled after Sylvster McCoy in 1989 and before the Current show starting with Christopher Eccleston in 2005.

It was never said how it was destroyed, only that the Doctor destroyed it along with all the Daleks. It later turned out, during the 50th anniversary, that it was hidden away in a pocket universe, and then brought back during Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor's second season finale.

Thanks. I gather that it came back and was again destroyed by the Master, whoever that is?

Thanks. I gather that it came back and was again destroyed by the Master, whoever that is?
Not sure about it being destroyed again, as I haven't watched any of the latest season.

As for the Master, he's an evil Time Lord the Doctor has been fighting since the 3rd Doctor's (Jon Pertwee) second season. He was a main villain during the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th Doctors, and then brought back during David Tenant's run.

The Master's goal being basically universal domination.

Not sure about it being destroyed again, as I haven't watched any of the latest season.

I have watched the latest season and that's why I questioned it's destruction. We learn that it's destroyed (again), but I don't know how/why that was done.

Another bone of contention for me is, or rather are, the two Drs Who in the earlier Judoon episode. Neither of these Drs remembers the other, which sets up a paradox that is as yet unresolved.

Another bone of contention for me is, or rather are, the two Drs Who in the earlier Judoon episode. Neither of these Doctors remembers the other, which sets up a paradox that is as yet unresolved.
Haven't see that episode, but the 50th has something indication where earlier incarnations forget meeting their older selves. Though this isn't consistent as in the 20th anniversary the first 3 remember each other from the 10th anniversary.

Doctor Who is consistent in not being consistent.

Btw, there is history of a future incarnation being shown, but then being skipped over and never seen. The Valyard was supposed to be the 13th Doctor, but that never happened.

• Sad
The 50th anniversary show told how The Doctor, played by John Hurt, was going to use a forbidden weapon from Gallifrey's "Omega Arsenal." I believe it was called The Moment" and would kill The Daleks, The Gallifreyans and the rest of the galaxy. Its user interface was played by Billie Piper (Rose Tyler).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts