Doctor Who -- Dreamland

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thebrit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
A new Dr Who Animation series to be shown daily and running 24hrs started Sunday Oct 22nd via the BBC Red Button Called 'Dreamland'. The first scene is set in the New Mexico Desert June 13th 1947 by Interstate 25. 35miles from Roswell. I won't spoil it by telling you what happens there but the Doctor does not arrive untill 11years later at Dry Springs Nevada. The first episode Sunday lasted aprox 12min and every episode since then has been for aprox 7min.
All episodes are being shown on the BBC Dr Who Website. Don't know if you can access it in the U.S. but in case you can then here is the Address.

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/S0_08

The last animated one (The Infinite Quest), was not able to be accessed in the U.S. To watch it, other methods *cough*torrent*cough* had to be used, especially since it was never aired over here.

The full episode of Dreamland will be shown on BBC One and BBC HD on December 5th. I'll probably wait until then to watch the whole thing, since I had 5 minute teaser shows (like Clone Wars was originally done).

Sorry you can't access it in the U.S. but how come you can watch the full episode on Dec 5th. Also do you get to see the Confidential Episodes of Dr Who and Torchwood in the U.S.

Sorry you can't access it in the U.S. but how come you can watch the full episode on Dec 5th. Also do you get to see the Confidential Episodes of Dr Who and Torchwood in the U.S.
There are a few methods to see it. Usually within an hour of a episode being shown on BBC, it will appear on Usenet or Torrent.

Probably could see the shorts that way, or on Youtube, but I've tried that before, and found it's best to wait and see it when it's all shown together.

Watched Dreamland last night.

The quality pales in contrast to the previous animated adventure, Infinite Quest.

The story was weak, voice acting was comical, and animation quality sucked.

The story was weak, voice acting was comical, and animation quality sucked.
I'll agree with your first 2 points, but I think the animation on Dreamland was much better. Had a lot more movement and detail to the characters and backgrounds than Infinite Quest did. To me Infinite Quest seemed almost like stop-motion animation.

I did enjoy both of them even though they were a bit corny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts