Doctor Who finale Pt. 1

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
They really pulled out all the stops last night. A little silly in some spots, but all characters together was fun to watch. Curious to find out why he will not regenerate.

"Harriet Jones. Former Prime Minister".

Actually he does regenerate and you have to have followed some of the nuances of the past season ro see it now. They really were imaginative in writing this final. Glad scifi isn't going to chop up the original to fit a commercial one hour time slot next week either.

They really pulled out all the stops last night. A little silly in some spots, but all characters together was fun to watch. Curious to find out why he will not regenerate.

"Harriet Jones. Former Prime Minister".

I wonder if David Tennant's coming back. Right now I see 2 realities possible sort of like the bug one last week where different histories/futures happen, and of course the Doctor has to sort it out. Of course I have not seen the episode yet, so it will be fun to see what they end up doing.

For those who have not heard, next year there will not be any Doctor Who, except for a couple of extra specials and the usual Christmas episode.

Following that, the excellent writer Steven Moffat (who did the superb series Jekyl and Doctor Who eps "Blink", "The Doctor Dances" and the recent "library" eps) will be taking over the writing and planning from Russell Davies - doing a full series in 2010.

I read on the BBC site Tennant will be staying on through the 2010 season, but probably not after.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but to say some sopts of Dr. Who get a little silly is like telling me the sky is blue! :D It's what makes The Doctor fun. :)

See ya
Tony

Kids were telling the ex about the episode and she said she had caught an episode the other day and the acting was terrible... "well yeah its Doctor Who what did you expect?" asked my 9 year old Doctor Who nut. :)

it was very silly.. cool brining in some of the other shows (no mentions of torchwood? :))

There were a couple episodes they mentioned torchwood in weren't there? I can't remember now.

Not sure where sci-fi left off as I don't watch the doctor on sci-fi but I assume they are on the same series as BBC and same episodes. I really like that they brough Davros back. It's a great memory as Genesis of the Daleks (4 or 6 part series) was when I got in to the Doctor. There's some trivia for you fans there. What was the name the race of beings that Davros and the Daleks came from... No cheating with google :)

Last edited:
yep, close enough. Kaleds which is an Daleks is an anagram of, just like torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts