Status
Not open for further replies.

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
Another weird question i've been wondering about for a while.

There's this doctor's office I go to once in a while (i'm healthy, it's to see someone I know...). The receptionist's window is one of those sliding glass doors. It's not clear, it's that wavy frosted glass, kind of like a glass shower door. So that tells me they either don't want us to see in or don't want to see out. Every time i'm there, I knock on the glass and it makes such a loud ass noise no matter how soft I knock because it's so loose on the track. I don't feel right in just sliding it open because if they didn't want seperation they'd have no window, or a clear one right?

What would you guys do in a similar situation, knock or just slide the thing open?

Alright, some good suggestions in there...

...beat the sh*t out of it? heh, that's good but I'm not sure it's what i'm looking for, the girl who'd get the glass in her face is 7mos. pregnant so i'm pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate it...

You could also tap ever-so-lightly with something metal (a ring, a car key, etc.) Even the lightest touch of metal to glass makes quite a loud tap. That used to be standard procedure for getting the system admins' attention at the college I went to. They sat in a locked, noisy computer room all day and they'd never hear you knocking on the door unless you tapped with something metal.

Purogamer said:
Alright, some good suggestions in there...

...beat the sh*t out of it? heh, that's good but I'm not sure it's what i'm looking for, the girl who'd get the glass in her face is 7mos. pregnant so i'm pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate it...

Sorry dude.

I like your new avatar. It got me in trouble earlyer, I was installing a direcway for a middle aged lady and was showing her how her system works so I went to satelliteguys. I pulled up a thread and boom there was the christmas twins. It took her a minute to realize it then she proceded with WHAT IS THAT!. I could not get away from the page fast enough.

Thanks for the laugh afterwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)