Dod

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
just wondering if someof the people out there who got DOD in the last CE got it working I still dont have channel 1000 in the guide or anything I am not complaing i am just wondering if anyone who was having this problem has gotten it to work

I thought that DOD was disable, if you didn't get it on the 0190 CE update you weren't getting it!!

yep I did that and enabled it and I can see it in the menu and I can see it in the todo list but 100o never showed up in the guide

i'm in the same boat. i can see everything but none of it works...supossedly it has to be activated on D*s end, not sure if they are activating new people or not.

I thought that DOD was disable, if you didn't get it on the 0190 CE update you weren't getting it!!

I did not load 0x190. I loaded the CE on 9/15 and was able to activate dod.

I got it working in the last d/l--0X019e. I also was having trouble getting it to work/activate until I remembered to do the info/menu deal on the front panel of my hr20-700. It does take a while to populate the lists & very little HD content is available, but it works fine now.

I've been waiting on the DOD junk to show up for three weeks now. I have all the menu items, so I followed the instructions, and I am plugged into the interwebs.

I'm running a packet monitor on the connection, and very day around 8AM, my receiver communicates with dtv (via the internet) on port 8080.

Some people get their DOD activated almost immediately, so my conclusion is that some folks are either in a control group or they don't meet some type of profile requirement.

Earl at dbstalk says that dtv is just running behind, but that doesn't make sense when some folks are getting full DOD hours after activating.

Dbstalk says that this board is a mirror of theirs, but I was curious if anyone here had new information or deeper insight to how or why DOD does/doesn't activate immediately...

As I have already posted, I just got the latest CE release (01A6) and was able to enable DOD, had a list of programs within an hour and started downloading immediately without incident....

Last edited:
That just doesn't make sense - if DTV is running behind on getting folks activated, then how does a standard Joe like tdenton get his VOD on in an hour? Anyone got any ideas what's up here?

That just doesn't make sense - if DTV is running behind on getting folks activated, then how does a standard Joe like tdenton get his VOD on in an hour? Anyone got any ideas what's up here?

A VERY good question I got DOD in the second time it was able to enable and I have been waiting for about 4 weeks now and still nothing and my parents have a hr20 and I did that CE on theres just to see and theres was never networked and BOOM as soon as I enabled it it started populating!!:confused::confused:

I did the VOD three weeks ago when it was re-released in a CE. It never showed up. I tried a few different things including dumping the CE release for the national release, and trying the CE release again the next week, and still nothing.

Last night, I was skipping through my menu and there were the VOD channels.

I had given up a couple of weeks ago and never thought about it again.

Hi,

How do I become part of the CE DOD program. I am very interested in participating.

Mark
DIRECTV since 1995 HR20-700 HR20-100 H20 3 other SD boxes from various mfgs

I got it working as well. I downloaded on Saturday 10/6 and my guide data was still cached. The instructions did seem a little confusing to me, but I managed to get it working. I have it hooked to the internet on a wireless g connection with Qwest DSL. (The faster package than their basic one....sorry do not know what it is called.) It downloads in near real time for me. I start it about three minutes in for an hour show and I have no delay if I want to watch the commercials. I let it go about 10 if I don't so its not exactly on demand. I bet this will clear up when I get it wired in this weekend. Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with it. I'd like it better if I didn't have to connect to the internet and it just downloaded via the dish. But, I'm sure someone here can point out why that doesn't happen or its technically impossible.

Hi,

How do I become part of the CE DOD program. I am very interested in participating.

Mark
DIRECTV since 1995 HR20-700 HR20-100 H20 3 other SD boxes from various mfgs

Well, you have to force download the CE release firmware. This is usually available on Friday and Saturday nights. Watch the boards here for info. During the window of opportunity to get the CE release, reboot your box and as soon as it lights back up, enter 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote. Do it as 0-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 4-one thousand, 6-one thousand, 8-one thousand.

This worked without any trouble for me. Wait for the box to download the new firmware and fully reboot. Then you have to do a keyword search for "IWANTMYVOD" then press menu/info in combination on the receiver. From there just follow the screens.

Tad

Forgive my ignorance on this matter, but how do you do a keyword search? Is this done by connecting a computer to the HR20 or can it be done on the HR20 itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)