Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Dodgers & White Sox in HD on MLBNet?

I am watching the Dodgers and White Sox in HD on KCAL 9 here in LA. The game is also supposed to be on MLBNet as well. Since it is being broadcast on KCAL here, MLBNet is showing alternative programming (much better than leaving a blank screen like they do on ESPN, BTW). I was wondering if they are showing the KCAL (Dodger) feed or the White Sox feed? If so, is it in HD?

Last edited:
Right now I'm seeing something 30 Clubs in 30 Days. In the EPG, White Sox at Dodgers is listed for 5pm EST.
That is weird. My guide is off. I guess I will have to wait 15 minutes to find out?

BTW, why would they wait 2 hours from the start of the game to actually televise the game?

MLBN is showing the White Sox's feed. It's Comcast Chicago which BTW is showing the game live and it isn't blacked out for me like a normal in season game would be since I don't get EI.

MLBN is showing the White Sox's feed. It's Comcast Chicago which BTW is showing the game live and it isn't blacked out for me like a normal in season game would be since I don't get EI.
The game is not live. It started 2 hours ago and is still going on, currently in the bottom of the 7th inning with the Dodgers up 2-0. \

It is in HD here in LA on the Dodger feed (KCAL 9), is it in HD on the Comcast feed?

Live on Comcast Chicago and delayed on MLBN but the more I look at both channels it may just be 480p wide screen because the PQ on both channels isn't that great.

Live on Comcast Chicago and delayed on MLBN but the more I look at both channels it may just be 480p wide screen because the PQ on both channels isn't that great.
Just curious to see if MLBNet HD will show the HD broadcast if it is shown in HD on the main channel. I guess we will have to wait to find out.

Thanks again.

Also, neither is tagged as HD in the EPG but of course that isn't always correct.
The KCAL feed is not tagged as HD either. But KCAL does not do wide screen SD. If it is SD, then they pillar box it. Plus the PQ is way to crisp and clear to be SD. The game yesterday on MLBNet was wide screen SD and it was obvious.

MLBNET has been showing two games the last few days. Did the same thing yesterday with the Twins and Yankees. Game was at Noon Central. Look in the guide at the bottom it will say live.

The KCAL feed is not tagged as HD either. But KCAL does not do wide screen SD. If it is SD, then they pillar box it. Plus the PQ is way to crisp and clear to be SD. The game yesterday on MLBNet was wide screen SD and it was obvious.

Neither channel is doing stretch-o-vision. It is 16x9 aspect ratio but not HD. Kind of like the old Fox Wide Screen before they started doing HD.

Last year they came out and told you that it was widescrean. Today, they didn't bother. However, they clearly didn't mark it as hd. I had already posted to the fact that the csn chicago games, which I listed in my posted files as hd were actually csn chicago widescrean and not hd. CSN Philadelphia, I believe is doing the same thing with their spring broadcasts. NESN was originally scheduled to due hd, but have decided not to for whatever reason. EP guide still shows the games as being in hd even though they are not.

It was definitely not in hd on MLBNet. In fact, it looked really bad!

A little late but I was watching this the other day and the PQ was HORRIBLE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts